Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My Honeymoon - Advice needed!

Hi Guys,

Im not far away from getting married now and they honeymoon will be shortly after that. Tegan and I were doing some final pre planning last night and i wanted to run the itinerary by you all to make sure that we arent missing out on anything. ANY input would be greatly appreciated. Also, should i carry much cash out there? i usually just use card for everything but would assume that having a small sum of cash on hand would be handy?

We're going to Central Australia, here is the itinerary:

Day 1: Fly into Alice Springs, were just gonna wander round town (although i dont expect there will be much around on a Sunday?)
    Day 2: Pickup Campervan, Leave Alice on Namatijira Drive. Drive to Stanley Chasm and Simpsons Gap Camping along Hugh River 51KM
    Day 3: Visit Serpentine Creek and Ellery Creek Big Hole. Staying at Ormiston Gorge 93 KM
    Day 4: Still in Ormiston Gorge
    Day 5: Staying near Tylers Pass( we cant find anywhere halfway between kings canyon and ormiston gorge, yes if roads are open we will be travelling down the back/dirt road) 32KM
    Day 6: Kings Canyon Resort
    Day 7: Kings Canyon Resort
    Day 8: Kings Canyon Resort
    Day 9: Uluru & Surrounds 321KM
    Day 10: Uluru & Surrounds
    Day 11: Uluru & Surrounds
    Day 12: Visit Mt Connor Lookout Stay at Curtin Springs 102KM
    Day 13: Redbank Waterhole (near Owen Springs Reserve)
    Day 14: Last Night in Alice
    Day 15: Fly to Darwin
    Day 16: Darwin
    Day 17: Darwin
    Day 18: Flying Home to sydney

In the central oz part were thinking of doing a few touristy things,
    • Helicopter ride in kings canyon
    • Camel ride over the Macdonnell Ranges
    • Possibly a hot air baloon ride around Alice
    • Lots of walking

Now Darwin was a last minute add-on to the trip, but were thinking of going to Litchfield NP, Berry Springs and a river boat cruise. For anyone that knows the area are those places worth seeing? Or are there places that are even more worth seeing? lol.

Like I said, if any of you know any of these places and think i have missed anything important or worth seeing i would appreciate the input greatly.

Cheers

Nic
    Last edited by rusty_nail; 12th February 2016 at 08:30 AM.
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have an awesome time.

Walking will be awesome.

Don't forget the Olgas.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (12th February 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Have an awesome time.

Walking will be awesome.

Don't forget the Olgas.
    thanks mate, yeah im more keen on the olgas than uluru tbh lol. i did forget to mention we were going there tho =D

Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

Thanks
    Thanked 1,577 Times in 911 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_nail View Post
    Hi Guys,

Im not far away from getting married now and they honeymoon will be shortly after that. Tegan and I were doing some final pre planning last night and i wanted to run the itinerary by you all to make sure that we arent missing out on anything. ANY input would be greatly appreciated. Also, should i carry much cash out there? i usually just use card for everything but would assume that having a small sum of cash on hand would be handy?

We're going to Central Australia, here is the itinerary:

Day 1: Fly into Alice Springs, were just gonna wander round town (although i dont expect there will be much around on a Sunday?)
    Day 2: Pickup Campervan, Leave Alice on Namatijira Drive. Drive to Stanley Chasm and Simpsons Gap Camping along Hugh River 51KM
    Day 3: Visit Serpentine Creek and Ellery Creek Big Hole. Staying at Ormiston Gorge 93 KM
    Day 4: Still in Ormiston Gorge
    Day 5: Staying near Tylers Pass( we cant find anywhere halfway between kings canyon and ormiston gorge, yes if roads are open we will be travelling down the back/dirt road) 32KM
    Day 6: Kings Canyon Resort
    Day 7: Kings Canyon Resort
    Day 8: Kings Canyon Resort
    Day 9: Uluru & Surrounds 321KM
    Day 10: Uluru & Surrounds
    Day 11: Uluru & Surrounds
    Day 12: Visit Mt Connor Lookout Stay at Curtin Springs 102KM
    Day 13: Redbank Waterhole (near Owen Springs Reserve)
    Day 14: Last Night in Alice
    Day 15: Fly to Darwin
    Day 16: Darwin
    Day 17: Darwin
    Day 18: Flying Home to sydney

In the central oz part were thinking of doing a few touristy things,
    • Helicopter ride in kings canyon
    • Camel ride over the Macdonnell Ranges
    • Possibly a hot air baloon ride around Alice
    • Lots of walking

Now Darwin was a last minute add-on to the trip, but were thinking of going to Litchfield NP, Berry Springs and a river boat cruise. For anyone that knows the area are those places worth seeing? Or are there places that are even more worth seeing? lol.

Like I said, if any of you know any of these places and think i have missed anything important or worth seeing i would appreciate the input greatly.

Cheers

Nic
    Looks like a great trip. Only advice I can give is be wary of the locals if you haven't been up that way before.
    Every experience I've had with them was massively negative
    Lucus30's 1999 GU ST TB45E

Thanks
    Thanked 3,765 Times in 1,516 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Nic,

Kata Tjuta (Olgas) for sure, been there twice and enjoyed it more than the rock. Darwin, I've never been there but have friends who live there and they rate Litchfield above Kakadu.
    Cards are/were accepted just about everywhere but always take some cash. PM Nisshead if you want some cheap indigenous art in the Alice.
    Just enjoy and yourself and take care.
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollofish View Post
    Hey Nic,

Kata Tjuta (Olgas) for sure, been there twice and enjoyed it more than the rock. Darwin, I've never been there but have friends who live there and they rate Litchfield above Kakadu.
    Cards are/were accepted just about everywhere but always take some cash. PM Nisshead if you want some cheap indigenous art in the Alice.
    Just enjoy and yourself and take care.
    Thanks mate, i was just doing abit more research and my F**&%^ campervan is definitely not allowed to be driven on dirt. i booked it like 12 months ago im so annoyed i am only finding this out now as it really messes (being polite) our travel plans. im so bloody annoyed

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Katherine gorge is only 3 hrs south of Darwin , with the open limits wont take you long.
    Found the Croc farm south of Darwin to be awesome, Doctors Gulley at the end of Mitchell st to hand feed
    100s of fish.
    Darwin is awesome
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Have an awesome time.

Walking will be awesome.

Don't forget the Olgas.
    hey dazz,

where bouts in that trip would you slip down to palm valley? now that ive had to hire a 4wd camper im going to make use of it and i remember you saying that palm valley was an abcolute must do!

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_nail View Post
    hey dazz,

where bouts in that trip would you slip down to palm valley? now that ive had to hire a 4wd camper im going to make use of it and i remember you saying that palm valley was an abcolute must do!
    Drive day 7 and stay the night at Palm Valley. While your up there find our if the Ernest Giles road is open and duck down to Uluru that way, will save significant travel time.

Or Miss Tylers Pass and go South and do Palm Valley before Kings Canyon?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,985 Times in 3,176 Posts
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Litchfield is definately worth going to, it is really spectacular, you will need a full day to see it so make an early start. When are you going? A lot of the river boat cruises do not operate during the wet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast