Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Honeymoon - Advice needed!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,403 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Valley of the Winds walk in Kata Tjuta is one of the most spectacular walks we’ve done. Allow a day just for this.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (12th February 2016)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rusty,

Sunrise Balloon Ride in Alice is fantastic ... well worth the trip, an let us know if you nearly crash into the Alice Springs airport fence like we did

My favorite spots out the West side are Ellery Creek Big Hole, Glen Helen, and Redbank Gorge ( assuming you cant go to Palm Valley and Boggy Hole in the campervan ), and I would look at camping at Ellery Creek Big Hole or the other above mentioned spots.

You could do a Palm Valley 4wd Tour from Alice, as it is a great spot, and might add a bit of variety into the trip.

I love Kings Canyon, and would rate it as the best spot in the South end of the NT .. allow one day for the rim walk, and a second for the valley floor walk.

Uluru and Kata Juta are awesome for first time viewers too, along with the views to Mt Conner ( This is on the road to Uluru from the Stuart Hwy, and lots of people think it is Uluru as they approach ). I loved climbing the rock, and we spent around three hours exploring all over the top instead of just going straight up and down. Lots to see on the top ... there are jump ups, trees, sometimes water ponds, flowers, grasses, etc. it all depends on what your attitude is to the recommendation not to climb.

Out the other side of Alice in the MacDonnells , is Trephina Gorge and Arltunga, which are worth seeing too.

Feeding the little rock wallabies at the Heavy Tree Gap Caravan Park at dusk is fun too.

As mentioned by ET, Litchfield is far superior to Kakadu, especially if you don't have a 4wd to get away from the crowds. Kakadu is spectacular in parts, and truly so if the lagoons are filled with millions of Magpie Geese or other migratory birds.

You will have a ball.
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to happygu For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (13th February 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys!!! I really appreciate the advice.

Wow I didn't realise Lichfield was so pretty we might have to spend more than one day traveling there.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We wish you both all the best for the future

Take care out there

Regards Roofy & Jane

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sir Roofy For This Useful Post:

Rossco (13th February 2016), rusty_nail (13th February 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,717 Times in 2,004 Posts
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, what roofy said as well.
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,403 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Valley of the Winds as previously mentioned.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I've actually been swimming on top of Ayers Rock back in 1980, I left the rock to go to Alice the day before a "Dingos' got my baby"
    My mate was a Ranger and we could 4x4 where no one else could go, Then the Rangers Qrts were right at the base of the Rock.
    Best time ever Alice was still a Frontier town no traffic lights, no Mall. Been back a few times, as you said why go Overseas
    when we have the "Outback and Tropics" on our doorstep
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    The Valley of the Winds walk in Kata Tjuta is one of the most spectacular walks we’ve done. Allow a day just for this.
    Yes i have done this walk also and rate it highly. I have spoken with Nic and told him a day at the Olgas is a Must.

A light plane or choppa ride over Uluru and the Olgas will be awesome!!!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123