Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My Honeymoon - Advice needed!

Hi Guys,

Im not far away from getting married now and they honeymoon will be shortly after that. Tegan and I were doing some final pre planning last night and i wanted to run the itinerary by you all to make sure that we arent missing out on anything. ANY input would be greatly appreciated. Also, should i carry much cash out there? i usually just use card for everything but would assume that having a small sum of cash on hand would be handy?

We're going to Central Australia, here is the itinerary:

Day 1: Fly into Alice Springs, were just gonna wander round town (although i dont expect there will be much around on a Sunday?)
    Day 2: Pickup Campervan, Leave Alice on Namatijira Drive. Drive to Stanley Chasm and Simpsons Gap Camping along Hugh River 51KM
    Day 3: Visit Serpentine Creek and Ellery Creek Big Hole. Staying at Ormiston Gorge 93 KM
    Day 4: Still in Ormiston Gorge
    Day 5: Staying near Tylers Pass( we cant find anywhere halfway between kings canyon and ormiston gorge, yes if roads are open we will be travelling down the back/dirt road) 32KM
    Day 6: Kings Canyon Resort
    Day 7: Kings Canyon Resort
    Day 8: Kings Canyon Resort
    Day 9: Uluru & Surrounds 321KM
    Day 10: Uluru & Surrounds
    Day 11: Uluru & Surrounds
    Day 12: Visit Mt Connor Lookout Stay at Curtin Springs 102KM
    Day 13: Redbank Waterhole (near Owen Springs Reserve)
    Day 14: Last Night in Alice
    Day 15: Fly to Darwin
    Day 16: Darwin
    Day 17: Darwin
    Day 18: Flying Home to sydney

In the central oz part were thinking of doing a few touristy things,
    • Helicopter ride in kings canyon
    • Camel ride over the Macdonnell Ranges
    • Possibly a hot air baloon ride around Alice
    • Lots of walking

Now Darwin was a last minute add-on to the trip, but were thinking of going to Litchfield NP, Berry Springs and a river boat cruise. For anyone that knows the area are those places worth seeing? Or are there places that are even more worth seeing? lol.

Like I said, if any of you know any of these places and think i have missed anything important or worth seeing i would appreciate the input greatly.

Cheers

Nic
    Last edited by rusty_nail; 12th February 2016 at 08:30 AM.
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.