OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Vehicle Engineers reports, 4WD Modification rules, whats allowed, what not...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,764 Times in 2,030 Posts
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Being top heavy with the rack and roof top won't help the cruiser, or any vehicle thats for sure.

Hey Winne. Are those trekkers load and speed rated? If not they might aswell run around on 37's. Jaysee got done in Dargo for his Simex tyres for no load or speed rating, as well as being 35inch. Actually I think it would be worse to run on 34's with no load or speed rating. As they almost threw the book at Jaysee because of his tyres, everyone else with 35's, cept for me an Rossco, just got minor defects.
    They were rated cant remember if it was speed or load, but sure only one. They weren't going to listen to me anyway we did escape the fine tho. Another stupid thing was I had 1/2 hour to get the patrol which had illegal but appropriate wheels off the dirt roads, but the same illegal Wheels with good enough to drive me 400 kilometres home.

In the pass I've been done for things that were fine, all they said was "well you won't have any problems getting a roadworthy then."

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

mudski (9th July 2016)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Throbbinhood View Post
    snip...Really need to push for a change to the ADR's.
    You may well be right but if they did change ADR's I am offering 100:1 the change would not be in favour of 3 inch lift and 35 inch tyres
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

mudski (9th July 2016), NissanGQ4.2 (8th July 2016)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,285 Times in 6,437 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    You may well be right but if they did change ADR's I am offering 100:1 the change would not be in favour of 3 inch lift and 35 inch tyres
    Yeah i reckon... Even if they said you need to pass a swerve test with the 35s then you can run them. Would be ideal.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    height will be an issue for me a big lift on ironman suspension

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ok. Finally picked my Patrol up yesterday. Its now fully engineered for everything. Woo Hoo!
    20160909_185317 (Medium).jpg
    I just wanna go for a drive to Mansfield now. Lol

I asked when I picked my car up about the Heep in the latest 4x4A mag that has 37's and a 4inch lift and is engineered. I even rang Double Black Offroad who did the work and asked how is this possible. Anything is possible my response was, plus the upgrades that went into the axles for the 37's. Not convinced I was.
    So I asked yesterday and I was told that they must have used a NON Vic Roads (VASS) approved engineer. Which can sign off on pretty much anything, IF it passes all the required testing. This was something i did not know could be done. BUT, Vic Roads can refuse and cancel the certificate at any giving time.
    So using a VASS approved engineer all is good. Also the current law is, under VSB14, the maximum height any vehicle can be engineered to is 150mm. Including tyres in this measurement. So them using a NON VASS engineer obviously can get around this, but you run the huge risk of Vic Roads calling for an inspection of your vehicle over the pits with their own inspector and if they don't approve, all your ride can be is a paddock basher or comp truck.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

gubigfish (10th September 2016), Hodge (10th September 2016)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post
    Might be possible, but I'm guessing the inspector would need 2 know the rules for your state.

I found this from an article "MOTORING ENTHUSIASTS’ CONFERENCE EASTERN CREEK"

29. Why won’t NSW recognise and accept engineering certificates issued by other Australian registration authorities?

Under the Commonwealth Mutual Recognition Act 1992 RMS can only accept certificates issued in
    another State or Territory if the certificate was issued in accordance with legislation that is reasonably
    equivalent to the NSW legislation.

NSW is currently reviewing the potential for certificates from other state s and territories to be recognised by NSW where appropriate.
    I had a GVM upgrade performed in WA. I have a 6.5 Litre Chev engine installed by Brunswick in WA. I got the vehicle engineered in NSW.

Whilst the NSW engineer did not redo the certification for the GVM upgrade ( 500Kg) he did indicate it and the WA certification reference on his engineering report.

Ultimately, he certified my engine upgrade and it incorporated the WA certification with larger tyres. My Rego now represents the new Engine capacity, the new GVM and has a reference on the Rego form of the certification number.

It was dead easy and the NSW certification only cost me $800.

Kindest regards
    Rainsey

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rainsey For This Useful Post:

mudski (10th September 2016)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just added a link to the OP regarding the new laws in NSW for vehicle lifts....

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

VK2FMIA (9th December 2016)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,675 Posts
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rainsey View Post
    I had a GVM upgrade performed in WA. I have a 6.5 Litre Chev engine installed by Brunswick in WA. I got the vehicle engineered in NSW.

Whilst the NSW engineer did not redo the certification for the GVM upgrade ( 500Kg) he did indicate it and the WA certification reference on his engineering report.

Ultimately, he certified my engine upgrade and it incorporated the WA certification with larger tyres. My Rego now represents the new Engine capacity, the new GVM and has a reference on the Rego form of the certification number.

It was dead easy and the NSW certification only cost me $800.

Kindest regards
    Rainsey

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I have the same WA GVM upgrade for my 6.5 upgrade. The VASS engineer I used refused to accept it due to a total lack of detail, and Vicroads refused as they won't accept it unless the VASS engineer signs off on it. So much for a National GVM certification standard. Right now, totally rooted and looking down the barrel of brake tests and axle load verification and spring validation. Totally annoyed as the root of this lies with having to use a select VASS inspector who is 'friendly' to the WA certifier, and yes I can back this up, for the record. I never went this route due to a requirement to subject the vehicle to a full RWC (which is not a requirement of Vicroads) plus replacement of all the existing suspension by them, regardless of whether it was 10 years old or brand spanking new, straight out of the warehouse. Makes a total mockery of unbiased verification in my view. The response from the conversion company is 'oh well, you are having a rough trot, sorry, can't help. Not happy.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

mudski (9th December 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigguwesty View Post
    On the lights are you sure??
    80 series yes you'd be over.
    But patrols have 1 pair of head lights..
    So with 1 pair of spot lights and one light bar fitted to the center your legal..
    If you have 2 pairs of aftermarket spotties and a light bar then your 1 over..
    Howdy
    When I purchased my light bar I read up on the qld transport website for the do's and dont' and they claim the light can't be in the drivers line of sight IMG_6152.JPG
    I ended up putting mine lower than I wanted to keep Mr Plod happy IMG_5626.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti's Beast View Post
    Howdy
    When I purchased my light bar I read up on the qld transport website for the do's and dont' and they claim the light can't be in the drivers line of sight IMG_6152.JPG
    I ended up putting mine lower than I wanted to keep Mr Plod happy IMG_5626.JPG

IMG_6153.JPG

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast