OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Vehicle Engineers reports, 4WD Modification rules, whats allowed, what not...

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jay see View Post
    I know. As much as I rather have the clearance from a 35, I'm not prepared to cop the shit that goes with it.

Sent from my XT1033
    Im with you , pick better lines and get a front Pro-locker fitted I say lol
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Im with you , pick better lines and get a front Pro-locker fitted I say lol
    Each to their own. Ill be happy when its done and then its all legal. Apart from the tyres. Lol.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    O.k SO I just went over to 4x4 Obsession for Brett to take a quick look and tell me what I need to do. Found out a few things I wasn't aware of...

• Catch cans. Are illegal. They do not pass ADR. Regardless if its a closed system and recirculates back into the air intake. So this needs to be removed temporarily.
    • The boost controller is also illegal. So I need to hide this under the intercooler.Out of sight
    • My GVM is 3000kg. I weigh 2940kg. Seems ok yeah? Wrong. The car is classed as a seven seater you you need to count seven people with a weight of 80kgs each, and then both fuel tanks full. But I will be getting the engineers report and the car will be classed as a 5 seater. So that saves me 160kg. So a bit of a diet the car will be going on. Ugh!
    • Braided brake lines, you need to be aware of. All braided lines must have a small rubber sleeve at each end of the line where it meets the banjo fitting. I was told that a few places are claiming their lines are ADR compliant and infact are not, because they haven't used the rubber sleeve.

I asked about the GVM upgrade. It was noted that say if you do the upgrade from 3000kg to 3350kg you are not actually increasing your towing capacity by 350kg. It does not add onto it.

So a few things to do, it will go in hopefully July. If everything goes to plan.

Also just for reference. The whole car must be engineered. So you can't just go in for suspension, when the motor or something else needs to be done and you don't want it too.

Can anyone with a GUII wagon with a factory TD42t in it please post up their GVM? I am curious to see if its heavier than 3000kg.
    Last edited by mudski; 3rd June 2016 at 02:34 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

MB (3rd June 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,665 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    O.k SO I just went over to 4x4 Obsession for Brett to take a quick look and tell me what I need to do. Found out a few things I wasn't aware of...

• Catch cans. Are illegal. They do not pass ADR. Regardless if its a closed system and recirculates back into the air intake. So this needs to be removed temporarily.
    • The boost controller is also illegal. So I need to hide this under the intercooler.Out of sight
    • My GVM is 3000kg. I weigh 2940kg. Seems ok yeah? Wrong. The car is classed as a seven seater you you need to count seven people with a weight of 80kgs each, and then both fuel tanks full. But I will be getting the engineers report and the car will be classed as a 5 seater. So that saves me 160kg. So a bit of a diet the car will be going on. Ugh!
    • Braided brake lines, you need to be aware of. All braided lines must have a small rubber sleeve at each end of the line where it meets the banjo fitting. I was told that a few places are claiming their lines are ADR compliant and infact are not, because they haven't used the rubber sleeve.

I asked about the GVM upgrade. It was noted that say if you do the upgrade from 3000kg to 3350kg you are not actually increasing your towing capacity by 350kg. It does not add onto it.

So a few things to do, it will go in hopefully July. If everything goes to plan.

Also just for reference. The whole car must be engineered. So you can't just go in for suspension, when the motor or something else needs to be done and you don't want it too.

Can anyone with a GUII wagon with a factory TD42t in it please post up their GVM? I am curious to see if its heavier than 3000kg.
    I personally thought it was 3050gmv from factory.
    But wow.. a few things there we were unaware of....
    Maybe touch base with safe brake to see if there's are correct..
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Thanked 11,323 Times in 4,992 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Last edited by NissanGQ4.2; 21st June 2016 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Fixed Quote

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

mudski (3rd June 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,323 Times in 4,992 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only 40kg over 3T Mudski

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    40kg more. Hmm.

Another thing I was told too. About light bars.
    Vic Roads does allow the placement of light bars on the roof, as long as they don't reflect back toward the driver. But. But! ADR says no driving light can be more than 1.2m from the ground. So thats a bugger.
    we all know about the no more than 6 forward facing lights yeah? I have two headlight, two driving lights and one lightbar of the roof. I though I was safe. The headlights are counted as two light per side. So technically I'm one over.... Lol.
    Last edited by mudski; 3rd June 2016 at 06:07 PM.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likely already said but I was talking with a trusted performance 4WD company (who do all form of mods including stretching) and the rule is for QLD, legally, nothing bigger than 33's. Apparently, a pat can't pass the swerve test.

Take the 35's with you on a trailer with trolley-jack, swap boots when off-road or run the 35's at risk of being dicked.
    There is no legal cure for STUPID!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,665 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the lights are you sure??
    80 series yes you'd be over.
    But patrols have 1 pair of head lights..
    So with 1 pair of spot lights and one light bar fitted to the center your legal..
    If you have 2 pairs of aftermarket spotties and a light bar then your 1 over..
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigguwesty View Post
    On the lights are you sure??
    80 series yes you'd be over.
    But patrols have 1 pair of head lights..
    So with 1 pair of spot lights and one light bar fitted to the center your legal..
    If you have 2 pairs of aftermarket spotties and a light bar then your 1 over..
    That one pair of headlights are 2 low beam and 2 high beam so that make 4 lights

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast