OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2010 GU Series 7 A/C Condensor fan (lack of).

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,116 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes that's the one. It takes the black relay. Does it have 4 terminals in the relay block or only 2?. Your vehicle might have all the wiring already there.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
    Yes that's the one. It takes the black relay. Does it have 4 terminals in the relay block or only 2?. Your vehicle might have all the wiring already there.
    Looks like 4, can't see one too clearly, but there's more than the coil terminals. If the wiring is there, where is the connector located? Is it behind the grill?
    GROOVY GUVII

2" Toughdog Lift, Ctek D250S, 152AH AGM Battery, Homemade Battery Box, Duel Rear Cameras, GME TX3510W UHF, Alloy Roof Rack, Kings 2.5m Awning, Titan Drawers.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    okay cool thanks Yendor.

I have the condenser fan already (been in the shed for 2 years!)

Was put in the too hard basket as last time i checked there was no existing wiring.

Will have a better look this weekend.

Manual GU8
    Patrol GU8, Manual, snorkel, steel bull bar, Simpson Ed

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If it's there, the connecter for the condenser fan should be taped to the main harness in front of the radiator support panel just above where the condenser fan would be mounted. From memory it's a 4 pin plug with two coloured wires and two black wires in it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Yendor For This Useful Post:

clubbyr8 (29th January 2016)

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Maybe some nice person that has a factory fitted condenser fan could post a picture of where the connector connects to the vehicle's wire harness.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
    If it's there, the connecter for the condenser fan should be taped to the main harness in front of the radiator support panel just above where the condenser fan would be mounted. From memory it's a 4 pin plug with two coloured wires and two black wires in it.
    Thanks mate will have a look when this storm passes. On another note, when should this relay operate? Should it switch on as soon as the A/C button is pressed to the on position? Which means the fan will run as long as the A/C is turned on. I connected a relay to the coil terminals of that plug in the relay box, but it failed to operate with anything I tried. Or is it thermostatically controlled? I'm trying to locate the wiring diagram in the manual but not having much luck...lol
    GROOVY GUVII

2" Toughdog Lift, Ctek D250S, 152AH AGM Battery, Homemade Battery Box, Duel Rear Cameras, GME TX3510W UHF, Alloy Roof Rack, Kings 2.5m Awning, Titan Drawers.

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It will operate when the engine is running and the A/C is on.

The ECU can also switch it on if the A/C is off and the engine temperature gets to hot.

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The wiring diagram will be in two sections of the factory workshop manual. Part will be in the A/C section and part will be in EC engine control section.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I'm starting to become a pain but all I could find is in Supplement 10, EC section Page 316. It shows a Cooling Fan Relay wired in parallel with the Air Conditioner Relay which is controlled by the ECM relay operating (plus the AC switch). The contacts of the Cooling Fan Relay operate the Cooling Fan motor. Is this the right relay? If it is, The battery side of the coil has a white wire not a green/yellow that the unpopulated relay socket has. The relay marked Rad Fan (top row, last relay on the right) blue relay installed has a white wire going to terminal 1. According to the documentation, this is the Cooling Fan relay and the A/C relay is bottom row, 2nd populated spot with a blue relay and looks like it also has a white wire to terminal 1 (can't really tell). Interestingly I took the Rad Fan relay out and the relay contacts aren't wired, just the coil is. Page 317 of EC section shows the relay positions. This is getting fun....lol
    GROOVY GUVII

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep that's the diagram. So your relay only has terminals in two positions?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast