Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 4,989 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6.5L Detroits TurboVSuper

G'day NP.com.au,

Hoping for some practical/experienced advice on powering up my current project.

1999 GU coil cab, Brunswicked 2000 6.5L Detroit naturally aspirated.

Have tracked the motor's stamp back to the USA as 'G/20/0' which I believe is a July 20th 2000?

It appears to be the last of the 6.5s that were quite sort after 98s&99s&2000s.

A little amazed myself, torques there on tap, top end I believe is less than my old 4.2TD which was even without intercooler and only an exhaust/fuel tweak basic mod.

Ok, yes, should have stuck with another 4.2TD! Unfortunately a 'P-Plate' Commodore and his Mr's lucky to be alive attempted going under the old beast sideways 'T-bone' at 70kmph!

The 6.5s in the USA from my research were turbo fitted more commonly than naturally aspirated unlike my believed military H1 salvage?

Was in Orlando with AB a while ago and queried a bloke to find he recommended a Supercharger from an Aussie company in Brisbane back home!

Turns out it might be 'BulletCars' I believe, offering HTV1900 & 2300s chargers from Harrop?

Has anyone out there fitted a Harrop, Sprintex or any other boost system 'Turbos' to their 6.5s that could help?

Many thanks MB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement