Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    3rd paragraph but not going to split hairs about it I havent many left lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    He mentioned it in the first post. I think he is talking about the extrusion that the awning mounts to the roof racks with.
    Ahhh now I see it... "tracks". Thanks fellas, eyes are playing up again and words are a bit fuzzy.

Anyway, how much are those Arb awning tents, couldnt see pricing on their site?

Not that I'd buy one, as I don't like the idea of trying to slide the whole width of the tent through the tracks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys,

Cheers for the thoughts. Like you said threedogs, would you really notice 100mm over 2 metres, probably not, but it'll bug me to death knowing it's not right overtime I put it up.

Decided to just get the 2000x2500 and take it back if it doesn't fit, which it hopefully will!...Clunk, the 2000 x 2500 cost $266. Download their price list off their website and it has the RRP for everything they build... quite handy really

The 2 slots I was referring to are on the back of the awning (facing the car) and you use them to slide the roof of the room into, just using it as an example of something that might possibly have changed between new and older versions, didn't really have anything more to do with it than that.

Appreciate the replies.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to michaelgreeny For This Useful Post:

Clunk (23rd January 2016)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also Clunk, I personally like the idea of sliding the whole length through the tracks, just seems more stable, and when you've got something as innately 'unstable' as the awning + room every little bit helps.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    oh now they've only gone and confused me more, which doesn't take alot i might add

814100 Awning 2500 x 2500 382.20 Each
    814200 Awning 2000 x 2500 344.40 Each
    813104 Awning 2500 x 2500 Room With Floor 306.60 Each
    813103 Awning 2500 x 2100 Room With Floor 256.20 Each
    813204 Awning 2000 x 2500 Room With Floor 279.30 Each
    813203 Awning 2000 x 2100 Room With Floor 261.45 Each

Now if I'm reading this right, the first dimension is the length along the car, so if that's the case then the 2000x2500 isn't going to fit, unless they've changed their design and no longer use the tracks on the awning to slide the tent into

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I was going to get a tarp made up about 2mtrs by 4 mtrs, with plenty of eyelets.
    enough to keep the weather out I think. In summer get one made from shade cloth lol
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is what I did with our ARB awning. I added another couple of lengths of sail track, one to the back of the mounting extrusion and one to the ally channel that rolls out with the poles attached. The piece on the mounting exrusion was for a cover that I had made up to fill in the gap between the vehicle and the awning as our roofracks stuck out further than usual. The other track was so I could add a tarp (with the sail track rope sewn in along one edge) to either use as an awning extension or drop it down for protection with either the room attached or not. The ARB awning only had 2 tracks on the channel, one was for the awning itself and the other for the room or an awning extension, you couldn't use both at the same time.
    The rear awning I made using a couple of good quality small tarps, joined together with velcro strips throught the eyelets. The main piece (over the rear doors) had a piece of rope sewn in along one edge and this was slid into a piece of sailtrack that was bolted to the rear of the basket. WHen I first made it and rolled it up I used ocky straps to hold it together but later changed to velcro to keep it secure. The poles were usually stored in a length of 100mm stromwater pipe that was attchaed to the crossbars. The rear awning, when up, went down beside the ARB awning and gave very good coverage with only a small gap between the 2.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gregs; 16th March 2016 at 12:59 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gregs For This Useful Post:

Clunk (16th March 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Another thing that might keep the front of the awning looking sweet as new.
    Cu.lolt the top off a drink bottle and slide that over the front of the awning
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

11. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

gregs (22nd March 2016)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12