Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who has done the Kimberly

Never been to much interested in this until I watched that dvd "Exhibition Australia the big lap" and now I want to go..

I have spoken to a few gray nomads of late who have been up there but only stuck to the sealed roads but said you need months up there and a 6 week trip is nothing and feels rushed.

From the east coast which way do you go and how much time do you put aside for getting there and back?

Some I have spoken to said they would not drive up there but put there car on a train and fly in.. i'm not sure of that as I think you miss out on a big part of the experience.

What kind of budget would you need to set aside for a 6 week trip?

My mum hitch hiked around Australia twice in the late 60's and early 70's before having my sister and me and all she had was a thumb and has seen so much more than I have and I have an awesome 4wd and heaps of camping gear and so on... but I do have 2 kids..lol.

She onced told me before traveling the world have a look at this country as it is beautiful and she has been a few places including living in Canada.

So the bug has been itching me for some time now... the Cape does not do it for me as I have heard it is crazy busy now a days.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bloodyaussie For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (25th January 2016)