User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Public camping- what is your toilet options

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you went camping and got shit faced cuppa.
    2010 TB4.8, 5 speed auto TI Wagon, Beaudesert ceramic coated Extractors and 2 1/2 inch exhaust, 3inch lift, BP-51 shocks, Black hawk radius arms and drop boxes, Road Runner Offroad billet alloy draglink, Boss air bags, 295/70/17 KM3s, Redarc Gauges, GME XRS UHF, Autometre fuel gauge, Alpine head unit with offroad maps, Carbon winch, Opposite lock bull bar, Light Force Strikers, Safari Snorkel, Duel long range tanks, work in progress.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to paulyg For This Useful Post:

Clunk (25th January 2016), Cuppa (25th January 2016), Touses (30th April 2016), Winnie (25th January 2016)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just follow this blokes instructions.

http://youtu.be/G1uE6a_r7Q4

Can't believe it wasn't posted earlier.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,664 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrol-Guy View Post
    I just follow this blokes instructions.

http://youtu.be/G1uE6a_r7Q4

Can't believe it wasn't posted earlier.
    I was really hoping we didn't get a full demo lol..
    But to true hey..
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Never heard of Mr Mears, but do remember those two back packers.
    After their death all hire cars had to carry some form of recovery gear
    maybe even Epirbs
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

7. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (26th January 2016)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a bummer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    A cautionary follow up tale to my previous posts suggesting the use of napisan type products.

We had a porta potti in the bus, but that was some time ago now.

This past weekend we ‘christened’ our new portapotti over a few days.
    We used the previous method of one spoonful of napisan type product per ‘deposit’.

Today we had a one hour drive to get home, but prior to packing up made a couple of fresh deposits
    Not remembering how long it took for everything to become liquid & being a tad concerned that the one hour drive home may not be sufficient I decided to throw in a few extra spoonfuls.

Back home approximately 4 hours after the last deposit & just prior to emptying I thought it a good idea to pull out the slide out to inspect the contents just to ensure I wasn’t going to have a blockage problem. (It had all liquified).

BIG MISTAKE! You know what happens when you shake up a can of beer & then open it wit your face over it?

Well what else could my wife do other than cackle & call me Sh*tface!!!

At least it didn’t stink!
    2008 GU DX Auto, dual batteries, Safari snorkel, Warn winch. Engine standard CRD 3L

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    A cautionary follow up tale to my previous posts suggesting the use of napisan type products.

We had a porta potti in the bus, but that was some time ago now.

This past weekend we ‘christened’ our new portapotti over a few days.
    We used the previous method of one spoonful of napisan type product per ‘deposit’.

Today we had a one hour drive to get home, but prior to packing up made a couple of fresh deposits
    Not remembering how long it took for everything to become liquid & being a tad concerned that the one hour drive home may not be sufficient I decided to throw in a few extra spoonfuls.

Back home approximately 4 hours after the last deposit & just prior to emptying I thought it a good idea to pull out the slide out to inspect the contents just to ensure I wasn’t going to have a blockage problem. (It had all liquified).

BIG MISTAKE! You know what happens when you shake up a can of beer & then open it wit your face over it?

Well what else could my wife do other than cackle & call me Sh*tface!!!

At least it didn’t stink!
    Cuppa got Shitfaced!!! Bhahahaha!!

Mate I would have got the phone out and taken a pic of that before you have time to take a breathe!!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just picked up one of these. Bog in a Bag. Looks to be a great solution. The compositable bags include polycrylate crystals that absorb any moisture so things dry out and don't get stinky.
    Although I'm yet to make a curry and use it in anger!

http://boginabag.net.au/
    2015 GU ST 3.0CRD Auto Wagon, 2" EFS Lift, 5 x Procomp 16s with MT ATZ P3s, TJM Outback Bar and 12000lb Winch, 80l Sub Tank, Redarc 40A DC-DC with Optima Battery and 180w Solar, ARB Compressor On-board, 3" EXHAUST, Rhino Pioneer Platform and Darche Awning, DIY Drawers to come!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Boinzo For This Useful Post:

Touses (30th April 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boinzo View Post
    I just picked up one of these. Bog in a Bag. Looks to be a great solution. The compositable bags include polycrylate crystals that absorb any moisture so things dry out and don't get stinky.

definitely interested in hearing ur experience.
    2012 GU Patrol Simpson Edition. Auto. UHF, Bull Bar, 2" lift with Koni shocks, dobinson coils. 3" stainless Steel Exhaust.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boinzo View Post

Might be ok for occasional use, but it looks like the special bags you have to use are 'single use', & they are not exactly cheap. So just for a three week trip for two people you'd be needing to carry a supply of say, 45 bags, at a cost of $72! I note that the bags are compostable (as opposed to biodegradeable which can take up to 2 years to degrade), BUT they say 'can be disposed of in rubbish bins...... you'd have to hope those bins were going to be emptied pretty regularly! Compostable bags can be disposed of by burying, or in long drop toilets, but it is not clear how compostable the polycrylate crystal sheets are.

In the past we used a similar idea, with one of these types of toilet seats & some compostable bags. (Maybe worth trying some with the Bog in a bag seat) We found that one of the larger bags easily lasted two of us for up to 5 to 7 days if camped in one spot. (We also had a supply of smaller bags for overnight stops). A small container of lime (very cheap) with the equivalent to a handful sprinkled after each use ensured smell was not an issue. A piece of cardboard (or similar) laid over the top of the seat when not in use kept flies away. We buried ours, but would have had no problem putting them into a long drop. Only issue with bags was transporting them when full. Ok with solids only, but when full of liquid not so easy. We only pee'd in the bags when we were able to bury them without needing to transport them.

We had planned to use this arrangement for long term travel to avoid the need for being tied to camp sites with toilets, or the need to squat. (Old knees). However as it was, as soon as we gained a little extra storage space when we bought the Tvan we changed to a Portapotti. Altogether far more civilised & environmentally sound when the chemicals they sell for them are avoided.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Bigcol (1st May 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally agree Cuppa. The bags are expensive. I'm working on accessing some diy polycrylate so I can just get compostable bags and get the cost down. Mostly we camp where there's toilet access (and we are cool to use them), but I needed a non-squat and shovel solution for my wife for the odd overnight...
    It will be interesting to see how this goes.
    2015 GU ST 3.0CRD Auto Wagon, 2" EFS Lift, 5 x Procomp 16s with MT ATZ P3s, TJM Outback Bar and 12000lb Winch, 80l Sub Tank, Redarc 40A DC-DC with Optima Battery and 180w Solar, ARB Compressor On-board, 3" EXHAUST, Rhino Pioneer Platform and Darche Awning, DIY Drawers to come!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast