Thread: Faaark

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stropp View Post
    a great start to the year, just copped a fine $600 and 6 points for going through an orange light, fuck they are short of money but so am i
    you must have been foot flat hey mate,or was it double demerits..i got done not long ago up in the city trying to make it through..200 and 2 points..19 km over
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A mate just got pinged for the same he was turning right and he was stuck in the middle of the intersection and it turned red as he turned but he was in the middle with his back wheels well over the line in the photo but, they have said he is happy to challenge it in court... So he will have to take a day off work to go to court and if he has not got legal representation he will get bumped down the list and then just have to wait to get through that day if he is lucky and then depending on how the magistrate feel on the day will depend on the outcome. It’s all just revenue rising! Don’t get me wrong here I’m all for busting people that are driving dangerously and breaking the law but for flying out loud….
    2006 GU IV DX Auto - One upgrade at a time.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacho86 View Post
    Could you argue it wasn't safe to stop based on driving 4wd, vehicles travelling closed behind etc? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I couldn't bloody stop quick enough because of my sagging 6" lift, bald 37" tyres, 2" body lift, no sway bars, rusty old drum brakes...umm...I mean yes sir.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (14th January 2016), growler2058 (14th January 2016), mudnut (14th January 2016), Rossco (14th January 2016), Stropp (14th January 2016), taslucas (14th January 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jff45 View Post
    Since when is going through orange illegal?
    ROAD TRAFFIC CODE 2000 - REG 41
    41 . Stopping for circular yellow signal or yellow arrow
    (1) If a traffic‑control signal facing a driver displays a steady circular yellow signal or a yellow arrow, the driver shall not proceed beyond the stop line associated with the signal or the stop line of the lane associated with the signal or in the absence of a stop line, at a point adjacent to the nearest appropriate traffic‑control signal, unless the driver is so close to the stop line, or traffic‑control signal, when the circular yellow signal or yellow arrow first appears, that the driver cannot safely stop the vehicle before passing over the stop line.

(2) If a traffic‑control signal facing a driver displays a steady circular yellow signal or a yellow arrow and the driver cannot safely stop the vehicle in accordance with subregulation (1), but can stop safely before entering the intersection, the driver shall stop before entering the intersection.

(3) If a traffic‑control signal facing a driver displays a steady circular yellow signal or a yellow arrow and the driver is not able to stop safely under subregulation (1) or (2), and enters the intersection, the driver shall leave the intersection as soon as the driver can do so safely.

(4) If there is a bicycle storage area before a traffic‑control signal referred to in subregulation (1), a reference to the stop line —

(a) in the case of a driver of a motor vehicle, is a reference to the first stop line that the driver comes to, or came to, in approaching the signal;

(b) in the case of a rider of a bicycle, is a reference to the stop line that is nearest to the intersection.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

mudnut (14th January 2016), MudRunnerTD (14th January 2016), taslucas (14th January 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you are behind the line when the light goes red your done. Wheels over the line and NOT speeding and your legal. The Cameras in Vic do a red light and speed. If you speed up to get over the line your done twice.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    got a $200.00 fine from "keep Australia beautiful council" & WA gov.

apparently, while driving my wife's Car (which is in my name) I threw a cigarette out the window............

pity it was an orange peel, but they dont give a shit
    some oxygen thief said it was a ciggy - so I'm forked

I dont smoke in the Wife's car..........
    Tidy Whitey - 99 GU TD42Ti - Diesel Gas, (GUIV Turbo & Intercooler 8Lb boost), 33" Micky T's Baja MTZ's, Dual Batt's, Cargo Barrier, rear draws, HID Super Oscars, winch, Grinch & witch attached and more goodies to come

Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,491 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcol View Post
    got a $200.00 fine from "keep Australia beautiful council" & WA gov.

apparently, while driving my wife's Car (which is in my name) I threw a cigarette out the window............

pity it was an orange peel, but they dont give a shit
    some oxygen thief said it was a ciggy - so I'm forked

I dont smoke in the Wife's car..........
    Ask for photo graphic evidence, if not tell them you will see them in court as its their word against yours, you can on oath say I did not throw a butt out the window and they will need to turn up in court.
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jff45 View Post
    Since when is going through orange illegal?
    Always has been, amber light means stop unless unsafe to do so.
    Graham

Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,491 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah I'm screwed, back wheels just over the line and light red, even though I don't recall it turning I may not have seen it due to the truck being so slow and watching him not the light I'm done ffs
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A car on its own stands a less chance of using the 'can't safely stop' defense than a truck or a car and trailer. I know how often I tow my trailer through an amber light but I never speed up to clear the intersection. Wet road surfaces, intersections on hills, and similar challenges introduce variables that can validate the 'can't safely stop' defense. Another is the approach speed, if you are in an 80 zone it takes longer to stop and slamming on the brakes at that speed can cause an accident either behind you or when your car fishtails or smokes up the intersection.

Sounds like the truck driver was slowing to gain his defense and you thought you were on a good wicket staying on his tail.

I guess the penalty will come out of the bar fridge fund?

Quote Originally Posted by Stropp View Post
    Nah I'm screwed, back wheels just over the line and light red, even though I don't recall it turning I may not have seen it due to the truck being so slow and watching him not the light I'm done ffs
    Are you ready for Christmas?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast