Thread: L o n g weekend.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

L o n g weekend.

It all got the better of me so went away with the family last Friday, returned today.
    Just up to Ledge Point north of Perth.
    Went beach driving, got it wrong but still had heaps of fun. Kids go to the beach to dig so this time there was and objective. My brother in law behind us in a RAV4 got stuck, and being the best driver in the world I old him I would back up and pull him out. As soon as I put it in reverse I started thinking, please note the order, this is a bad idea. Ok too late stuck to the diffs. Everybody out and start digging. 1/2 hour later and plenty pushing we on the go again. Felt pretty stupid until on of the guys that had helped us out said he had been stuck for three hours the day before.
    Anyway all good fun and picnic on the beach whilst reading the chapter on maintaining momentum in the 4wd handbook for dummies.

pat1.jpg pat2.jpg pat3.jpg
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to 4bye4 For This Useful Post:

Avo (14th January 2016), Clunk (12th January 2016), firm351 (14th January 2016), gaddy (14th January 2016), gubigfish (12th January 2016), katwoman (13th January 2016), LaughingBeagles (15th January 2016), mudnut (14th January 2016), Stropp (14th January 2016), threedogs (15th January 2016), Woof (14th January 2016)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    of all my trips up north i always bypass the places close to perth..one day i will have to make a point of doing a weekend trip up that way..
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,491 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need less air in the tyres mate, I run mine on 10psi in loose sand and down to 6 if it's really loose, nice pics btw
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stropp For This Useful Post:

4bye4 (14th January 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stropp View Post
    You need less air in the tyres mate, I run mine on 10psi in loose sand and down to 6 if it's really loose, nice pics btw
    Down to less than 10psi when I drove it out. Anyway still a great weekend and good camping/caravan park up there. Only complaint we had is if you want fish and chips either catch em yourself or drive to Lancelin (30 mins). The local store freaked and had a melt down when we ordered f&c for 14, and the country club wanted $28 to $32 each for Barra and chips.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4bye4 For This Useful Post:

firm351 (15th January 2016), LaughingBeagles (15th January 2016), Stropp (15th January 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bye4 View Post
    Down to less than 10psi when I drove it out. Anyway still a great weekend and good camping/caravan park up there. Only complaint we had is if you want fish and chips either catch em yourself or drive to Lancelin (30 mins). The local store freaked and had a melt down when we ordered f&c for 14, and the country club wanted $28 to $32 each for Barra and chips.
    I went up to ledge on new years day for a couple of nights, bloody good spot expect for the fish and chip shop, took 45 mins to do our order and there was no other customers in that whole time. We had 4 boxes of 3 nuggets in the one order and the tosser cooked them in the deep frier 3 at a time.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firm351 View Post
    I went up to ledge on new years day for a couple of nights, bloody good spot expect for the fish and chip shop, took 45 mins to do our order and there was no other customers in that whole time. We had 4 boxes of 3 nuggets in the one order and the tosser cooked them in the deep frier 3 at a time.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Yep - that sounds like the place. Next time we will go as a group and do a F&C run to Lancelin.