OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: 2012 3L fuel filter replacement.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2012 3L fuel filter replacement.

Gidday all,

I have been thru all I can think of to get some info about replacing the fuel filter on my 2012 3L. Its not mentioned in the owners manual and I cant find any info in the PDF patrol manual I down loaded from here.

Has anyone done this yet? It looks pretty straight forward. Does anyone know of any pit falls/issues.

Cheers all and happy new year!!
    Be the person that your dog thinks you are!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,951 Times in 6,827 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Following wanna do mine this weekend. My manual says how its done, ill look it up tomorrow, bout to head out now

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 594 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2012 3L fuel filter replacement.

another member Steve4377 put up a link to a YouTube clip he did on a fuel dilter replacement for a 2004 Di, not sure how many differences here are for CRD model though.

Keep us posted how you both go as I'll have to do mine soonish as well lol

Fuel filter replacement and MAF clean.
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=35683

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 GU6 3.0 CRD AUTO | Safari Snorkel | 2" Ironman lift kit | Runva 11XP Winch | 33" MTZ's | Full Length Roof Rack | GME TX3200 | 30" LED Light Bar |

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldcomfort View Post
    Gidday all,

I have been thru all I can think of to get some info about replacing the fuel filter on my 2012 3L. Its not mentioned in the owners manual and I cant find any info in the PDF patrol manual I down loaded from here.

Has anyone done this yet? It looks pretty straight forward. Does anyone know of any pit falls/issues.

Cheers all and happy new year!!
    The trick is to get the absolute minimum of air in the system soooo....

Clamp the hoses in and out before you remove the old one.
    Fill the new one to the brim with clean fuel before you put it on
    Release clamps and prime the bejesus out of it.
    edit... should've been clearer, connect the inlet, prime, then the outlet, keep priming
    Cross fingers and attempt to start...

The bulb looks just like one on an Outboard Motor Tank but will not get as hard as an Outboard motor fuel delivery usually does
    Last edited by the evil twin; 3rd January 2016 at 03:55 PM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreeing with THE EVIL TWIN. I change mine regularly. A dirty one will turn the engine light one and I find that disturbing.
    I dont clamp the lines, just unplug the bottom wiring plug, unscrew the filter. fill ew one to the brim and put it on.
    And as said, prime the bejesus out of it. Pump and more pump while turning the key works.

The ony pit full is the swearing if you can't start it. And if that is the case, have the jumper lead handy.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuel filter replaced. Quite straight forward to do. But a couple of things made it a bit easier. Its easier to remove the two bolts that hold the bracket to the car body and remove the whole bracket/primer assy. The electrical plug on the bottom is a bit fiddly. Have a small flat blade screw driver handy.

Priming. Dont fill the filter before re mounting it. Remount it and put all the hoses back on except the feed to the engine. Place a rag at the filter output and start hand priming. As soon as fuel starts coming out of the filter output put the engine feed hose back on. Keep priming until the priming bulb goes hard. Start your engine....

Mine started first crank and I am quite surprised how much better it runs!!
    Be the person that your dog thinks you are!!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Coldcomfort For This Useful Post:

Hodge (3rd January 2016), jack (3rd January 2016), Patrolowner (2nd April 2019)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well done mate exactly the way I done my CRD filter. Never filled it, left the outlet hose off primed it until diesel pissed everywhere, hook up hose, prime a few more times and off she goes first crank.

4.2 was a little different lol.
    2005 TD42TI

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuel filter replaced. Quite straight forward to do. But a couple of things made it a bit easier. Its easier to remove the two bolts that hold the bracket to the car body and remove the whole bracket/primer assy. The electrical plug on the bottom is a bit fiddly. Have a small flat blade screw driver handy.

Priming. Dont fill the filter before re mounting it. Remount it and put all the hoses back on except the feed to the engine. Place a rag at the filter output and start hand priming. As soon as fuel starts coming out of the filter output put the engine feed hose back on. Keep priming until the priming bulb goes hard. Start your engine....

Have used this method through all models since the MQ and now also on the Chevy. The only difference is, tie the removed discharge hose as high as possible, then a plastic container is used to catch fuel from discharge while priming.
    2002 ST Coilcab, Chevy 6.5 V8 Garrett turbo, intercooled. 3.9 diffs, Cooper AT3 265/75/16.
    Trailstar Aquila 5.4
    http://s4.zetaboards.com/Gold_Detecting/index/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7GCkFcHsh0

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info, need to do mine after this trip

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you
    Started first try
    Job made simple