OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: i'm new and i need to know what these things are!

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm new and i need to know what these things are!

hello and greetings from half way across the world
    I have a 1994 GQ Y60 4.2 Diesel, naturally aspirated LWB, had it for about a year, runs smoothly to be honest (except for black smoke when i push hard on the gas pedal when in nutral or even while driving, but i'll get to that later since that's not what i'm here for )
    i am here because i want to know what these things are since they are driving me insane, and i want to know what they are!!! i'm no patrol expert but i know a few things but these things are in my car and i don't know what they are it's kinda annoying to be honest (doesn't keep me up at night but still ) before i get started, things might look messy but i intend to clean it asap so don't judge me
    first of all, under the bonet
    this is attached to the hood
    10508385_10208190925074880_1202623571_n.jpg
    and it goes to here
    912682_10208190927874950_1939091051_n.jpg
    and since we are still under the hood, could someone tell me what is this!
    12395087_10208190924234859_793041334_n.jpg
    now to the inside, these are under the steering wheel, i'm guessing some sort of remote starter but i don't have a key for it, and the white plastic thingy was behind the ignition switch originally but was removed when i fixed the ignition and got a new key, the old one kept jamming and wouldn't turn easilly for some reason,
    so what are these!
    12366948_10208190923074830_1981175335_n.jpg
    i will be checking the topic regularily to see if someone asked me something and i would answer them and hopefully i would be able to sleep better at night!
    thank you guysq soo much in advance
    Edit: btw, the white plastic ring, the green LED never turns on (perhaps it's not connected :/ ) and the switch doesn't seem to do anything and the box doesn't have any indication that it's alive, no lights, sounds, ticking, nada!
    Last edited by sahloul; 18th December 2015 at 08:10 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nissan are famous for using the same look for all models variants . So a DX will have a full Ti look with the plugs just hanging off the car. They could be anything, I would not worry about them though. Yours looks like a Left hand drive model too. That first pic could be the air sensor plug for the fuel filter on a right hand drive model as that is where the fuel filter is on a right hand drive.

The one under the dash with the LED I would say is after market and could be part of an alarm or something.

Guessing on everything above but that would be my thoughts.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes it is a left hand drive, and the fuel filter is on the other side, the weird thing is that i looked at the manual, and never came across the thing in the first picture, not even once, it still seems a bit weird to wrap my head around the idea of having stuff that does nothing, it's like having a switch in your house that does nothing, wouldn't you wanna know what it does
    and yeah, i'm guessing the same for the black box, some sort of alarm or something, still waiting on confirmation but if it is, that would be nice, i'm kinda broke now but i'll save up some money and take it to one of those who install them and perhaps he can programme a key for it
    i should mention it's a gulf standard Y60 (imported from saudi arabia originally and it's now in tunisia )
    thanks for your response mate (look at me i'm already brushing up on my australian english

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sahloul For This Useful Post:

Stropp (24th December 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like,
    1st pic - under hood work light bulb holder
    2nd pic - under hood work light wiring
    3rd pic - dont know, kind of a pressure switch
    4th pic - dont know
    try to find switch for work light on frame, which is forward of radiator.