Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: GQ Fixing...

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might stick to Vaseline, I'm sure there's some somewhere.

I've kicked around manufacturers pages, while nothing explicitly states I can use fuel line as coolant hose, it doesn't say not to (it does say not to use coolant hose as fuel line)
    The hose is apparently rated to 150 deg, and 1 Mpa

Now it's just on the principle of wanting to know the difference between the hoses/rubber types 8-)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRoadRunner View Post
    I might stick to Vaseline, I'm sure there's some somewhere.

I've kicked around manufacturers pages, while nothing explicitly states I can use fuel line as coolant hose, it doesn't say not to (it does say not to use coolant hose as fuel line)
    The hose is apparently rated to 150 deg, and 1 Mpa

Now it's just on the principle of wanting to know the difference between the hoses/rubber types 8-)
    It's safe to assume the composition of the rubber is slightly different to suit two different applications.
    Petrol can deteriorate rubber by reacting with it. So, it's imperative to use petroleum resistant rubber for fuel lines.
    Coolant lines have to deal with high pressures, higher heat & any chemical compositions antifreeze/antiboil coolants and other chemical additives may come with.
    Coolant hoses can withstand pressure & heat, while the fuel hoses can withstand effects of petroleum over time.
    So, it's safer to use the correct type hoses for the coolant and fuel lines and not to get them mixed.
    In an emergency situation, you use whatever available to you, is a different thing.
    RB30, some 2-3 inch lift auxiliary LPG tanks
    Few more mods on the way
    http://www.worldwildlife.org/species/tiger
    https://www.panthera.org/
    Cheetah Outreach

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'm just trying to work out what the differences are, I know they are there - inner composition, strength of reinforcement, out composition etc.

So apparently fuel line (commonly?) has acrylonitrile and butadiene, which are the fuels/fats/oils/ resisting natures.

I found this chart from Goodyear - http://www.hosecon.com/pdf/engineeri...rchemchart.pdf

I'll have to play some brand-name comparo silly buggers work out what they mean by half of it, (it has annexes that help with this, so that is nice of them)

Okay, as far as I can tell, the fuel hose I have (Flexwing Petroleum equivalent) is suitable for continuous use with ethylene glycol. The only issue I can see is possibly a pressure rated. it is rated as "low pressure" but it is also rated at 1200kpa, so the definition of "low" is on an unspecified scale.
    Last edited by RedRoadRunner; 22nd December 2015 at 10:47 AM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678