OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Improved sub tank transfer rate.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it's the self test as the gauges have changed before I actually start the car. If my main tank is almost empty and the sub half full I can see a drop of around 1/8 of the sub tank in a couple of days (have a work vehicle so Patrice may sit dormant for a couple)
    Now you mention it mud runner both tanks make a hiss when the caps are removed but I've never really taken note of whether it's positive pressure or a vacuum, usually to busy staring at my nissanpatrol.com.au sticker.
    Please excuse my silly questions but where might I find the breather tubes? Do they come straight off the top of the tanks as I may extend them somewhere a little higher to prevent s#*t getting in.
    Will definitely take not of what happens when I remove the caps next time....
    2000 GU, TD42T, bullbar and roof racks, 2inch lift, winch, front and rear air lockers, 3inch Scotts rods dump and exhaust kit.....more to come!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Digging up a really old thread but ..............Hiss good, no hiss bad !

My New LRA main tank fitted by TJM Darwin developed a nice leak from the top after I got back home to Canberra. The problem was the way the fuel hoses were fitted, they kinked and rubbed a hole through one line, thus leak. Now the last fill before I noticed the leak I distinctly remember hearing no hiss when I removed the filler cap, thought it strange at the time, I assume that air was entering back into the tank via the holed hose (fuel return hose I assume).

TJM Canberra fixed the problem, no charge, and confirmed that he fuel line had been routed the wrong way, rooted is what I thought.

So, my take away from this is if no hiss maybe an issue with the lines into the tank
    Time Marches On .....and on ..... and on

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    TJM Canberra fixed the problem, no charge, and confirmed that he fuel line had been routed the wrong way, rooted is what I thought.
    A good bit of PR for them. I often judge companies by how they react when it all goue wrong rather than by their advertised quicker, better, cheaper touts.
    Glad they fixed it and you are 100% go again.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4bye4 For This Useful Post:

Bigcol (9th February 2017), Cuppa (9th February 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hiss is good

you have a sealed tank
    you have a mechanical pump sucking fuel into engine

open fuel cap - air rushes in

good sign
    Tidy Whitey - 99 GU TD42Ti - Diesel Gas, (GUIV Turbo & Intercooler 8Lb boost), 33" Micky T's Baja MTZ's, Dual Batt's, Cargo Barrier, rear draws, HID Super Oscars, winch, Grinch & witch attached and more goodies to come

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dumb Hodge question time ... But... If there is a hiss when undoing caps , doesn't that mean breather is blocked somewhat ?
    If the tank only takes a breath when undoing caps , what purpose does the breather have ?

Both my tanks hiss . When Cuppa originally wrote this thread I was always meaning to check my breather. Forgot about it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    2005 TD42TI

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Dumb Hodge question time ... But... If there is a hiss when undoing caps , doesn't that mean breather is blocked somewhat ?
    If the tank only takes a breath when undoing caps , what purpose does the breather have ?

Both my tanks hiss . When Cuppa originally wrote this thread I was always meaning to check my breather. Forgot about it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Yeah both mine do too. Both breathers on my tanks are clear though. Im wondering if this is normal as our Commodore does the exact same thing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123