Thread: Club 4X4 - Insurance for 4X4 Enthusiasts

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, mine went up, plus the water crossing additional excess, went back to Shannons for comparable agreed value cover.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 3,786 Times in 2,089 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I cancelled my policy when I sold my wagon and insured the new ute with RAC due to Club 4x4 increase in premiums............
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't think it's just Club 4x4 . Premiums have increased across the board. Even my renewed RACV policy on the Patrol went astronomical recently.
    Rang up questioned it and pretty much got told bad luck. Don't like it, cancel it.

I got a quote from Club 4x4 back in July. Photos of car and every single detail sent. The asked agreed value was now-where near met, and the agreed value they DID offer me after nearly a week of waiting for their underwriter, was , I must say very unfair, compared to some others with very similar vehicles, current market value, etc... This was without any extra options.

I would hate to think what it would be like now...
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    I don't think it's just Club 4x4 . Premiums have increased across the board. Even my renewed RACV policy on the Patrol went astronomical recently.
    Rang up questioned it and pretty much got told bad luck. Don't like it, cancel it.

I got a quote from Club 4x4 back in July. Photos of car and every single detail sent. The asked agreed value was now-where near met, and the agreed value they DID offer me after nearly a week of waiting for their underwriter, was , I must say very unfair, compared to some others with very similar vehicles, current market value, etc... This was without any extra options.

I would hate to think what it would be like now...
    Yeah understand prices go up... But double? Bull sh...!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

Hodge (27th October 2018)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When one raises theirs, all the rest do the same, some much more than others. There's no such thing as company loyalty anymore, it's just the money. Ring them up and ask for a price comparison and they'll say, "go elsewhere if you don't like it". I just auto-renewed my policy with Club 4x4 and noticed the increase. Regardless of all they cover, most of which I would be very unlikely to make a claim against, I believe there are better prices to be had with some of the newer, and smaller, companies. I remember about 5 years ago I had a policy on my 120 Prado arranged by Lloyd’s, which was substantially less expensive than most others at that time.

It's now certainly worth doing your homework each year, before just renewing because it's easier. Something I will be doing from now on.
    2014 Titanium Y61 with all the fruit ................

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think their agreed value cover is fine, it's just when compared to other's, they don't offer the same 'bang for buck'. I may find next year at renewal that their premiums have levelled up, and change back. As mentioned above, brand loyalty has no benefit anymore.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031