The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Kalen.
    I just sent an email through regarding some extra goodies I have added to my Patrol, plus a copy of the approval certificate for the Engineers report.

Regards.
    Mark.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Hi Kalen.
    I just sent an email through regarding some extra goodies I have added to my Patrol, plus a copy of the approval certificate for the Engineers report.

Regards.
    Mark.
    G'day Mark,

No worries - did you send that to contactus@club4x4.com.au?

The team should respond back within the next day or two.

Cheers

Kalen

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes i did Kalen.
    Cheers.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Club 4x4 (13th September 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Club 4x4 View Post
    G'day Macca,

Sorry about the late response, been a madhouse around here :-)

I'm really glad that we were able to come through on our promise. As everyone here well knows and as echoed by Cuppa below - the proof in the pudding so to speak with any insurer is what they do at claims time.

Thanks also for taking the time out to share the message here - greatly appreciate it as it is very helpful in putting people's fears to rest somewhat. Looking forward to many more years as your insurer of choice.

I will forward on your thanks to Grant also.

Cheers

Kalen
    Appreciate that Kalen, only telling it from my view. You guys and girls do alright.
    Cheers
    Macca

7. The Following User Says Thank You to macca For This Useful Post:

Club 4x4 (14th September 2016)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bazzaboy View Post
    Hi,

Please don't think that I'm out just to bag your company, that is not the case. I dislike ALL insurance companies equally. It is the nature of all vehicle insurance in this country that rubs me the wrong way. Sell a product for the highest price possible, while being exposed to the least possible risk, and with the greatest possibility of declining the claim. Indirectly, that statement is the creed of all insurance.

The American vehicle insurance is a much better and fairer method ... insure the driver, not the vehicle. Unfortunately, that will never happen in Australia because of our much smaller population of possible policy holders and the need to acquire more revenue for our excessive amount of insurance providers. This is why many companies see the Asian market as the next "goldmine".

Anyway ...... your message. "price is important, but there should always be a balance where you understand the coverage as well".

Price IS extremely important to the prospective policy holder, as is understanding the coverage, but reading the "fine print" or PDS ( policy disclosure statement ) is CRITICAL. You will discover that nearly all standard vehicle policies have the same "exclusions" ( non-disclosure, roadworthy requirement, existing damages, previous claims ...ect.... )

A number of insurance companies are now claiming to be better than others because they cover all your accessories. Don't be fooled, you will be indirectly paying for it. I would rather pay to replace any stolen accessories than "inflate" the policy cost. All company's have done their homework and know the statistics of total vehicle loss against stolen accessory claims. They will always be in front.

In conclusion ........

IMO, cost is the only difference between all of them. So, after checking everything's equal, go for the cheapest price.

* Note : This is my personal opinion only and not intended to defame any particular company or individual.
    To a degree I do agree with the comments as this is systemic across all insurance, not just motor vehicle, but, having been looking at insurance for a very highly modified vehicle I can honestly state that cost is not the only difference.

My biggest issue with insurance companies is not so much the accessories Perse' but rather things such as driving and coverage on non gazetteed roads. I do a lot this type of driving and from what I can understand, Club 4x4 do this type of coverage.

I have no allegiance to any insurance company but just as a comparison, I have had my Patrol GU 3l insured with a major Insurance company until I did an engine conversion. My previous insurance was for $26K, my new insurance is $62K. The base price with Club 4x4 came in about $100 more. By the time I added a few add one I think the premium came in at about $150 / year more.

I finally think Club 4x4 might actually be the first customer focused insurance company out there. Albeit they obviously have an under writer that sets the ultimate price but for bang for buck, I struggle to see anyone better for a highly modified vehicle that is typically outside the square.

Kindest regards
    Rainey

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rainsey For This Useful Post:

Club 4x4 (14th September 2016), juzzs8 (13th September 2016), macca (13th September 2016), Sir Roofy (14th September 2016), Woof (13th September 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers
    Macca

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to macca For This Useful Post:

jack (17th September 2016), NissanGQ4.2 (17th September 2016), Rossco (17th September 2016), Sir Roofy (17th September 2016), Woof (17th September 2016)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Thank you for your quick responses to my previous comments. It is nice to be able to contact someone directly from an insurance provider on a special interest forum site. It is a very good initiative by Club 4x4.

I'm about to re-insure my 4X4 and have started the process of checking all policies available from all providers. I've just looked at your vehicle insurance PDS and was unable to find a definitive answer on a specific "excess payments" requirement. Question .... If I'm involved in a "no fault of my own " ) vehicle collision or I'm parked on a public street, if my vehicle is damaged or "written off", am I required to pay the excess if the driver at fault is identified?

Thank you
    2014 Titanium Y61 with all the fruit ................

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bazzaboy View Post
    Hi,

Thank you for your quick responses to my previous comments. It is nice to be able to contact someone directly from an insurance provider on a special interest forum site. It is a very good initiative by Club 4x4.

I'm about to re-insure my 4X4 and have started the process of checking all policies available from all providers. I've just looked at your vehicle insurance PDS and was unable to find a definitive answer on a specific "excess payments" requirement. Question .... If I'm involved in a "no fault of my own " ) vehicle collision or I'm parked on a public street, if my vehicle is damaged or "written off", am I required to pay the excess if the driver at fault is identified?

Thank you
    Hi bazzaboy

The only time that you need to pay an excess is if you need to lodge a claim through us. This may be when:

1) You've been involved in an accident or your vehicle has been damaged and you're at fault and you want us to act on your behalf to have yours and a third party's vehicle repaired.
    2) You've been involved in an accident or your vehicle has been damaged and you're not at fault. You may choose to claim with us because you cannot identify the person at fault, the person at fault is uninsured, or you're just not happy dealing with the 3rd party's insurer.

I hope this covers your question appropriately.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am absolutely gutted and have been for nearly a month, the day Club4x4 approved our earlier claim for chassis damage I had an accident in the Patrol.
    We were notified of the completed claim 2 hours after the accident, there was no celebrating at our place.

First up no one was hurt at the time and have not heard anything to the contrary since.
    Second I destroyed a young persons first car, we can all remember how important that car was.
    Third I had to call Club4x4 again, my fury aimed at myself was not measurable, as was the embarrassment.

From that day on I re-live the scene that unfolded in front of me constantly, only a few people know it happened, my children don't know yet.
    I still have no idea what happened, just that I looked away from the road for a moment and hit a stationary? car in front of me at up to 45kph, like I said I have no idea.

That is my shameful dick head story.

Club 4x4 again has lived up to expectations, the first contact when I called said simply "that's what we have insurance for" didn't make me feel any better but it was nice she said that.

This morning the car was driven to our panel beater, a young guy who has taken over a very successful shop he worked for, albeit a lot smaller scale. The standard of work from the previous owner was outstanding and Con is doing all he can to carry that standard forward. He actually has a customers vintage Roll Royce in to be restored as well as the normal repairs found in shops all over the country.

Sadly I have to say again that Club4x4 are an amazing company, I am most grateful but can not be happy about saying it again at all.
    Thanks again to the people at Club4x4 trying to provide the best service to 4x4 owners across our great land.

Cheers Macca
    Cheers
    Macca

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to macca For This Useful Post:

jack (4th October 2016), juzzs8 (9th October 2016), mudski (4th October 2016), Touses (4th October 2016), Woof (4th October 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    I am absolutely gutted and have been for nearly a month, the day Club4x4 approved our earlier claim for chassis damage I had an accident in the Patrol.
    We were notified of the completed claim 2 hours after the accident, there was no celebrating at our place.

First up no one was hurt at the time and have not heard anything to the contrary since.
    Second I destroyed a young persons first car, we can all remember how important that car was.
    Third I had to call Club4x4 again, my fury aimed at myself was not measurable, as was the embarrassment.

From that day on I re-live the scene that unfolded in front of me constantly, only a few people know it happened, my children don't know yet.
    I still have no idea what happened, just that I looked away from the road for a moment and hit a stationary? car in front of me at up to 45kph, like I said I have no idea.

That is my shameful dick head story.

Club 4x4 again has lived up to expectations, the first contact when I called said simply "that's what we have insurance for" didn't make me feel any better but it was nice she said that.

This morning the car was driven to our panel beater, a young guy who has taken over a very successful shop he worked for, albeit a lot smaller scale. The standard of work from the previous owner was outstanding and Con is doing all he can to carry that standard forward. He actually has a customers vintage Roll Royce in to be restored as well as the normal repairs found in shops all over the country.

Sadly I have to say again that Club4x4 are an amazing company, I am most grateful but can not be happy about saying it again at all.
    Thanks again to the people at Club4x4 trying to provide the best service to 4x4 owners across our great land.

Cheers Macca
    Macca,

Disappointing on all accounts mate.

Really glad everyone involved was OK.

Metal and plastic can be fixed - humans are a bit more challenging.

Cheers

Kalen

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Club 4x4 For This Useful Post:

juzzs8 (9th October 2016), macca (4th October 2016), Touses (4th October 2016), Woof (4th October 2016)

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast