OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 308

Thread: Club 4X4 - Insurance for 4X4 Enthusiasts

  1. #11
    Patrol Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    647
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 292 Times in 204 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take it vehicles have to be fully RWC as well? No 35's on a gq without engineers for instance?

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

     

  3. #12
    Expert Club 4x4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Blue Mountains NSW
    Posts
    140
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 129 Times in 59 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Throbbinhood View Post
    I take it vehicles have to be fully RWC as well? No 35's on a gq without engineers for instance?
    Yes absolutely. Like all insurers, all state based legalities must be adhered too.

  4. #13
    Patrol God bigguwesty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mount Gambier, SA
    Posts
    14,194
    Thanks
    15,334
    Thanked 4,313 Times in 2,998 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firstly welcome. Great to see another sponsor..
    A couple of questions.
    You mention you can adjust coverage short term longer trips Ie, recovery insurance. Is there a waiting period on such a claim or are you cover from the minute it goes threw?

    Also just to further above with state legalities, how will you cover vehicles interstate?
    Ie, in Victoria you can legally run a 2" lift and 33" tyres on a patrol but in sa we can only run 2" lift and 7mm in tyre size..
    Then you have light bars lol..
    How will you cover a car the is legal at home but has an accident in a state which it is not legal?
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

  5. #14
    Expert Club 4x4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Blue Mountains NSW
    Posts
    140
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 129 Times in 59 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by biggqwesty View Post
    Firstly welcome. Great to see another sponsor..
    A couple of questions.
    You mention you can adjust coverage short term longer trips Ie, recovery insurance. Is there a waiting period on such a claim or are you cover from the minute it goes threw?
    Also just to further above with state legalities, how will you cover vehicles interstate?
    Ie, in Victoria you can legally run a 2" lift and 33" tyres on a patrol but in sa we can only run 2" lift and 7mm in tyre size..
    Then you have light bars lol..
    How will you cover a car the is legal at home but has an accident in a state which it is not legal?
    Thanks very much - it's great to be here

    don't get me started on lighting, someone pinched the ARB Intensity's off the front of the GU a few weeks ago so we are actually looking at what to replace them with.

    With reference to your question, our view will always be that a legality judgement is based on where the vehicle is registered. This only make sense because that is where the vehicle is registered and any safety checks etc. are done (where safety checks happen!). Further, the reality is while you might holiday in a different state, not many of us are lucky enough to spend the whole year on the road so inevitably we will return to our home state and spend the majority of the time there

    Hope that makes sense!

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Club 4x4 For This Useful Post:

    bigguwesty (3rd December 2015), jack (3rd December 2015), rusty_nail (3rd December 2015)

  7. #15
    Patrol God Sir Roofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    TRAFALGAR VIC
    Posts
    11,576
    Thanks
    2,991
    Thanked 4,404 Times in 2,542 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how long does it take to get the paper work threw have the policy number
    and every thing else on the computer
    still waiting for the paper with policy number

    Roofy

  8. #16
    Expert Club 4x4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Blue Mountains NSW
    Posts
    140
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 129 Times in 59 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roofy View Post
    how long does it take to get the paper work threw have the policy number
    and every thing else on the computer
    still waiting for the paper with policy number

    Roofy
    G'day Roofy,

    You would've received an email almost instantly after you completed your policy. We wont actually send anything out unless you specifically ask for it.

    Can you check to see if you have it, and check your junk box as well

    Please let me know and i'll fix it up for you if you've not received it.

    Kal

  9. #17
    Patrol God bigguwesty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mount Gambier, SA
    Posts
    14,194
    Thanks
    15,334
    Thanked 4,313 Times in 2,998 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Club 4x4 View Post
    Thanks very much - it's great to be here

    don't get me started on lighting, someone pinched the ARB Intensity's off the front of the GU a few weeks ago so we are actually looking at what to replace them with.

    With reference to your question, our view will always be that a legality judgement is based on where the vehicle is registered. This only make sense because that is where the vehicle is registered and any safety checks etc. are done (where safety checks happen!). Further, the reality is while you might holiday in a different state, not many of us are lucky enough to spend the whole year on the road so inevitably we will return to our home state and spend the majority of the time there

    Hope that makes sense!
    Check out Led light co (vendor here) Paul is great to deal with and his prices are excellent..

    And yep. That makes sense. And rather simple.
    Cheers
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to bigguwesty For This Useful Post:

    Club 4x4 (3rd December 2015)

  11. #18
    Patrol God Sir Roofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    TRAFALGAR VIC
    Posts
    11,576
    Thanks
    2,991
    Thanked 4,404 Times in 2,542 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Club 4x4 View Post
    G'day Roofy,

    You would've received an email almost instantly after you completed your policy. We wont actually send anything out unless you specifically ask for it.

    Can you check to see if you have it, and check your junk box as well

    Please let me know and i'll fix it up for you if you've not received it.

    Kal

    Kal got all that in the e/mail you sent not long after speaking with you
    guess I'm a bit old fashion and like to have it in writing on paper
    just in case the computer dies or where up woop woop

  12. #19
    Expert Club 4x4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Blue Mountains NSW
    Posts
    140
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 129 Times in 59 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem!!. Can you PM me a rego number or policy number and I'll get one of the team to send a pack out to you!

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Club 4x4 For This Useful Post:

    Stropp (4th December 2015)

  14. #20
    Patrol God Sir Roofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    TRAFALGAR VIC
    Posts
    11,576
    Thanks
    2,991
    Thanked 4,404 Times in 2,542 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Club 4x4 View Post
    No problem!!. Can you PM me a rego number or policy number and I'll get one of the team to send a pack out to you!
    PM Sent .........

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •