Thread: Club 4X4 - Insurance for 4X4 Enthusiasts

Thanks
    Thanked 12,428 Times in 6,262 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lucus30 View Post
    I think you guys should be paying me commission 4 customers signed up with you guys from my efforts and I think another just moved his camper trailer across

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    Haha same here. There are a few from my 4WD club now that have signed up

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Club 4x4 View Post
    G'day Bazza,

I completely respect your views here and appreciate you calling them out.

A few things that i will call out from my own experience working with mainstream, but also with enthusiast insurance brands over my short 20 or so years.

Many people truly don't understand what they are or not covered for. Now i'm not disputing the fact that reading through these documents is about as exciting as watching paint dry (and i've done that for a crust in my time too!), but i believe that the market, including insurance providers, aggregators and finally customers have created a focus so intent on driving down price that this becomes the sole criteria when shopping. You've expressed this in the first line of your response, so for you, price is the most important factor and this is absolutely fine.

Many people have a view of insurers and their intent to always minimise costs but i wonder how many times a claim has been refused and it's actually as a result of the policyholder not adequately understanding their coverage and their responsibilities when taking a policy out. Things like the duty of disclosure (the spiel you'll hear or read before every insurance quote) call out these responsibilities. When you're so focused on getting the price to move to the next insurer, how could you expect to actually absorb that sort of information, or read that question in the quote appropriately? I'm a customer too and i will say, you wont! You will dash through, it write down the premium and make the next call.

As enthusiasts, looking for enthusiast cover, the process of understanding what you're covered for is all the more important. Combine that with a brand new player like us, where the coverage cannot be replicated elsewhere, your need to fully understand is compounded again.

My message here is that yes, price is important. But, there should always be a balance where you understand the coverage as well.
    Hi,

Please don't think that I'm out just to bag your company, that is not the case. I dislike ALL insurance companies equally. It is the nature of all vehicle insurance in this country that rubs me the wrong way. Sell a product for the highest price possible, while being exposed to the least possible risk, and with the greatest possibility of declining the claim. Indirectly, that statement is the creed of all insurance.

The American vehicle insurance is a much better and fairer method ... insure the driver, not the vehicle. Unfortunately, that will never happen in Australia because of our much smaller population of possible policy holders and the need to acquire more revenue for our excessive amount of insurance providers. This is why many companies see the Asian market as the next "goldmine".

Anyway ...... your message. "price is important, but there should always be a balance where you understand the coverage as well".

Price IS extremely important to the prospective policy holder, as is understanding the coverage, but reading the "fine print" or PDS ( policy disclosure statement ) is CRITICAL. You will discover that nearly all standard vehicle policies have the same "exclusions" ( non-disclosure, roadworthy requirement, existing damages, previous claims ...ect.... )

A number of insurance companies are now claiming to be better than others because they cover all your accessories. Don't be fooled, you will be indirectly paying for it. I would rather pay to replace any stolen accessories than "inflate" the policy cost. All company's have done their homework and know the statistics of total vehicle loss against stolen accessory claims. They will always be in front.

In conclusion ........

IMO, cost is the only difference between all of them. So, after checking everything's equal, go for the cheapest price.

* Note : This is my personal opinion only and not intended to defame any particular company or individual.
    Last edited by bazzaboy; 7th September 2016 at 01:21 PM.
    2014 Titanium Y61 with all the fruit ................

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bazzaboy For This Useful Post:

juzzs8 (7th September 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bazzaboy View Post
    Hi,

Please don't think that I'm out just to bag your company, that is not the case. I dislike ALL insurance companies equally. It is the nature of all vehicle insurance in this country that rubs me the wrong way. Sell a product for the highest price possible, while being exposed to the least possible risk, and with the greatest possibility of declining the claim. Indirectly, that statement is the creed of all insurance.

The American vehicle insurance is a much better and fairer method ... insure the driver, not the vehicle. Unfortunately, that will never happen in Australia because of our much smaller population of possible policy holders and the need to acquire more revenue for our excessive amount of insurance providers. This is why many companies see the Asian market as the next "goldmine".

Anyway ...... your message. "price is important, but there should always be a balance where you understand the coverage as well".

Price IS extremely important to the prospective policy holder, as is understanding the coverage, but reading the "fine print" or PDS ( policy disclosure statement ) is CRITICAL. You will discover that nearly all standard vehicle policies have the same "exclusions" ( non-disclosure, roadworthy requirement, existing damages, previous claims ...ect.... )

A number of insurance companies are now claiming to be better than others because they cover all your accessories. Don't be fooled, you will be indirectly paying for it. I would rather pay to replace any stolen accessories than "inflate" the policy cost. All company's have done their homework and know the statistics of total vehicle loss against stolen accessory claims. They will always be in front.

In conclusion ........

IMO, cost is the only difference between all of them. So, after checking everything's equal, go for the cheapest price.

* Note : This is my personal opinion only and not intended to defame any particular company or individual.
    Hey Bazza,

Mate i never thought you were bagging us out at all and hold no negative view of discussion and opinions - this is where i hope to have a brand that is different to the mainstream. Constructive feedback is critical to our ongoing improvement and it is exactly what has helped us improve our product over the last 12 months.

What i will say is that i am 100% glad you have stated the importance of "fine print"and PDS' in the same line as where you said "all insurers are the same" from the exclusion perspective. Whilst that may be true you don't want people to have the misconception that all policies are the same, because they are not.

Cheers

Kal

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Club 4x4 For This Useful Post:

juzzs8 (7th September 2016)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good for C4x4 who are good enough to be active on an internet forum where "the gloves are off", so to speak. Kudos for this I say. Its only going to make the business better in my opinion.

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Bacho86 (8th September 2016), Club 4x4 (7th September 2016), Cuppa (7th September 2016), GUtsy ute (9th September 2016), jack (7th September 2016), jay see (7th September 2016), juzzs8 (7th September 2016), macca (7th September 2016), Rossco (8th September 2016), Touses (7th September 2016), VK2FMIA (9th September 2016), Woof (7th September 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,247 Times in 644 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Good for C4x4 who are good enough to be active on an internet forum where "the gloves are off", so to speak. Kudos for this I say. Its only going to make the business better in my opinion.
    Agree wholeheartedly and, in my case at least, there is an education re the machinations of the industry at a 'local' level as such.
    When the time comes to insure New Pig I'll be asking for a price!
    I AM NOT STUBBORN.........I prefer the term, Singlemindedly independent !

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Touses For This Useful Post:

Club 4x4 (7th September 2016), mudski (7th September 2016), Woof (7th September 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    We have this insurance, but unfortunately also have had to make a claim.
    Sent all we were asked for then heard nothing, just wanted to know it was received. We have no idea how it is going which would be nice.
    Another email was sent that was replied to thankyou, it confirmed the information was in fact received.
    Lacking experience in making a claim like this so not sure whether to pester you for a progress report or not?
    We can not say this has been a pleasant experience for us but will continue to be patient.
    Some blunt questions need to be asked, accepted, it's still not easy to be put on a spot as if we are trying to be fraudulent.
    It's hard reading all the positives here, it's when a claim is made that the true test of the fine print is revealed.
    We wait to hear from you.
    Yours Iain & Pauly Maclean
    We received good news today, more to come after we have had a chance to talk to them.

Thanks Kalen and Grant
    Cheers
    Macca

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to macca For This Useful Post:

Cuppa (8th September 2016), juzzs8 (8th September 2016), mudski (9th September 2016), Rossco (8th September 2016), Sir Roofy (8th September 2016), Woof (8th September 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Club 4x4 sent an email yesterday afternoon saying the claim had been approved, the repair was covered less the excess.
    It was really good to hear that it had been settled and we are extremely grateful that they looked favourably on a situation that was out of the ordinary.
    We had an emergency repair done before contacting them.
    We as 4x4 users need to know that we can visit our great country in our vehicles and be safe in knowledge we have what is probably the best if not the only policy in our pocket if it goes bad.
    Thanks to the team at Club 4x4.
    Cheers
    Macca

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to macca For This Useful Post:

Bacho86 (9th September 2016), Club 4x4 (13th September 2016), Cuppa (9th September 2016), jack (9th September 2016), jay see (9th September 2016), mudski (9th September 2016), Sir Roofy (9th September 2016), Woof (9th September 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent!
    I took out Club 4x4 insurance which sounded good, but nevertheless it felt like a bit of a gamble, being a then new & unknown company. Like any insurance it’s when a claim is made that it’s real worth is apparent. This first hand account of a claim outcome really is very reassuring, & I’m glad I chose to insure with them. I’m even more pleased for Macca as I had recommended Club 4x4 to him based upon my experience of signing up with them, & the well priced premium I paid.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

jack (9th September 2016), macca (9th September 2016), mudski (9th September 2016), Woof (9th September 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Club 4x4 sent an email yesterday afternoon saying the claim had been approved, the repair was covered less the excess.
    It was really good to hear that it had been settled and we are extremely grateful that they looked favourably on a situation that was out of the ordinary.
    We as 4x4 users need to know that we can visit our great country in our vehicles and be safe in knowledge we have what is probably the best if not the only policy in our pocket if it goes bad.
    Happy for you mate glad it went well

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sir Roofy For This Useful Post:

macca (9th September 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day Macca,

Sorry about the late response, been a madhouse around here :-)

I'm really glad that we were able to come through on our promise. As everyone here well knows and as echoed by Cuppa below - the proof in the pudding so to speak with any insurer is what they do at claims time.

Thanks also for taking the time out to share the message here - greatly appreciate it as it is very helpful in putting people's fears to rest somewhat. Looking forward to many more years as your insurer of choice.

I will forward on your thanks to Grant also.

Cheers

Kalen

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Club 4x4 For This Useful Post:

macca (13th September 2016), Woof (13th September 2016)

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast