Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Club 4X4 - Insurance for 4X4 Enthusiasts

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have this insurance, but unfortunately also have had to make a claim.
    Sent all we were asked for then heard nothing, just wanted to know it was received. We have no idea how it is going which would be nice.
    Another email was sent that was replied to thankyou, it confirmed the information was in fact received.
    Lacking experience in making a claim like this so not sure whether to pester you for a progress report or not?
    We can not say this has been a pleasant experience for us but will continue to be patient.
    Some blunt questions need to be asked, accepted, it's still not easy to be put on a spot as if we are trying to be fraudulent.
    It's hard reading all the positives here, it's when a claim is made that the true test of the fine print is revealed.
    We wait to hear from you.
    Yours Iain & Pauly Maclean
    Cheers
    Macca

2. The Following User Says Thank You to macca For This Useful Post:

Winnie (29th August 2016)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    We have this insurance, but unfortunately also have had to make a claim.
    Sent all we were asked for then heard nothing, just wanted to know it was received. We have no idea how it is going which would be nice.
    Another email was sent that was replied to thankyou, it confirmed the information was in fact received.
    Lacking experience in making a claim like this so not sure whether to pester you for a progress report or not?
    We can not say this has been a pleasant experience for us but will continue to be patient.
    Some blunt questions need to be asked, accepted, it's still not easy to be put on a spot as if we are trying to be fraudulent.
    It's hard reading all the positives here, it's when a claim is made that the true test of the fine print is revealed.
    We wait to hear from you.
    Yours Iain & Pauly Maclean
    Macca.

This is a very serious situation and I appreciate you bringing it up.

Can you please message me your claim number and I will chase it up with urgency and ensure you get a call tomorrow

Thank you

Kalen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Club 4x4 For This Useful Post:

juzzs8 (29th August 2016), macca (30th August 2016), mudski (29th August 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Club 4x4 View Post
    Macca.

This is a very serious situation and I appreciate you bringing it up.

Can you please message me your claim number and I will chase it up with urgency and ensure you get a call tomorrow

Thank you

Kalen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kalen has been good enough to get in touch with me, we are communicating in private and hope to get some answers over the next few days.

Communication lines might open up a little more now, that is all that can be reasonably asked for.

Please understand my dealings with this company have be fantastic and after my experience with their sales rep I sang their praises to our local 4x4 club which I am president of.

I have no reason at this point in time to change my opinion.
    Cheers
    Macca

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to macca For This Useful Post:

Cuppa (30th August 2016), juzzs8 (29th August 2016), mudski (30th August 2016), Woof (30th August 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,717 Times in 2,004 Posts
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Must say I'm a little disappointed.

I did an online quote last week as my current insurance is up for renewal.
    Did the right thing and disclosed all previous damage. Some of you would know what that is dent in the door and broken rear tail light surround, light still works.

Apparently the underwriter has declined to cover my vehicle due to this damage.

I understand where they're coming from, but to not insure it at all. I would have thought that as long as it's disclosed it would have been OK, but apparently not..

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

juzzs8 (30th August 2016)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly mate.

That's good to hear about the theft side of things, definitely puts the mind at rest. (Haha your not wrong about the rig looking good on the 35"s)

Also great to hear about the contaminated fuel, a lot of other insurers I've spoken to are very vague on the subject.
    Would you require the receipt from the fuel station in-order to pursue the claim against them?

Just to clarify a few things, so having a potentially "unroadworthy" mod fitted doesn't automatically void the insurance. The mod must be proven to have contributed to the indecent.

E.G: If I had an EGR blanking plate fitted, but was then involved in an accident, it cannot be claimed/proved that the ERG blanking plate contributed to the accident. I would remain covered by insurance.

Is that correct?

Another E.G: I have 35" tires fitted to the rig, I am stopped at traffic lights and another vehicle hits me from behind (no doubt smashing the front of their car into my steel rear bar, sucks to be them). As I am stationary and the incident cannot be attributed to my vehicle, I would be fully covered by my insurance?

The off-road cover side of things; lets say I become bogged on a beach, hypothetically of course, its a Patrol we never get bogged.. The worst possible thing occurs, the tide comes in and my vehicle is written off.

I would obviously argue that the mod improved the capability of the vehicle to traverse the terrain, so could not be blamed for the incident.

Would I have issues with my claim because of the 35"s in this case?

Sorry for all the hypothetical questions, I gather that every claim will be judged individually. I just want to get an idea of how Club 4x4, as a specialized off road insurer, would deal with off road claims that may involve "unroadworthy mods".

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elz For This Useful Post:

juzzs8 (30th August 2016), Sir Roofy (30th August 2016), Winnie (30th August 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently asked for a quote and was told I would be contacted by someone and as yet have not had anyone from Club 4x4 contact me.
    2004 4.2TDi GU ST Ute, 3" Exhaust, UHF, Lightforce Spotties, BFG All Terrains, Steel Winchbar, Winch, Dual Batts, CC Ultimate IC, 4" Snorkel, XLR8 Steps and Scrub bar

Thanks
    Thanked 3,717 Times in 2,004 Posts
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gubigfish View Post
    I recently asked for a quote and was told I would be contacted by someone and as yet have not had anyone from Club 4x4 contact me.
    Give it a few days mate, they'll get there or call them yourself and quote your quote number.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jay See,

Apologies that you've found yourself in this situation. Every insurer has criteria that they abide by and this is just one of ours.

Without trying to crawl out of it, I've worked for various insurers in my time and the overwhelming majority would be in the same boat. Some may not ask up front but you may get a shock when you need to claim.

Cheers

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Club 4x4 For This Useful Post:

jay see (31st August 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Elz,

No problem.

Regarding the fuel contamination, yes the first step would be to provide some sort of proof that fuel was purchased from the given outlet. The next step will be to ascertain that the damage is actually as a result of fuel contamination. This will require assessment by a mechanic and our own engineers.

With reference to your hypothetical questions - i can understand exactly what you're asking and what you're after.

I need to be very careful however in the way that i answer these Elz as i don't want anyone to get the misconception that we endorse illegal modifications, nor do i want to give the impression that regardless of what one does to a vehicle, legal or not, there will be a provision of coverage regardless of the scenario. Every case is dealt with in it's own merits, but as a general rule as i said in the last post, if it is found that the vehicle was not roadworthy in its modifications and those modifications could have contributed to the incident then it will be a refusal or reduction of acceptance of claim.

The above thoughts are relevant to both your comprehensive vehicle insurance and your off-road recovery cover

hoping this helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Elz View Post
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly mate.

That's good to hear about the theft side of things, definitely puts the mind at rest. (Haha your not wrong about the rig looking good on the 35"s)

Also great to hear about the contaminated fuel, a lot of other insurers I've spoken to are very vague on the subject.
    Would you require the receipt from the fuel station in-order to pursue the claim against them?

Just to clarify a few things, so having a potentially "unroadworthy" mod fitted doesn't automatically void the insurance. The mod must be proven to have contributed to the indecent.

E.G: If I had an EGR blanking plate fitted, but was then involved in an accident, it cannot be claimed/proved that the ERG blanking plate contributed to the accident. I would remain covered by insurance.

Is that correct?

Another E.G: I have 35" tires fitted to the rig, I am stopped at traffic lights and another vehicle hits me from behind (no doubt smashing the front of their car into my steel rear bar, sucks to be them). As I am stationary and the incident cannot be attributed to my vehicle, I would be fully covered by my insurance?

The off-road cover side of things; lets say I become bogged on a beach, hypothetically of course, its a Patrol we never get bogged.. The worst possible thing occurs, the tide comes in and my vehicle is written off.

I would obviously argue that the mod improved the capability of the vehicle to traverse the terrain, so could not be blamed for the incident.

Would I have issues with my claim because of the 35"s in this case?

Sorry for all the hypothetical questions, I gather that every claim will be judged individually. I just want to get an idea of how Club 4x4, as a specialized off road insurer, would deal with off road claims that may involve "unroadworthy mods".

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gubigfish View Post
    Hey Gubigfish. Sorry about the delay - if you still haven't had a call please message me your details and i get the guys to put you at the front of the queue.

We are currently recruiting and hopefully putting on 2 or 3 new staffers in the next week or two.

Cheers

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast