Thanks
    Thanked 1,577 Times in 911 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-e-boy View Post
    Hello.

How do you guys go about insuring vehicles where the modification costs far outweight the vehicles value.
    I have never ended up insuring my ute as the offers from other insurers for the ute and mods/accessories versus the premium cost was in my eys a complete waste of money.
    I have just completed the online quote and the section with the value slider bar was still on the lower side compared to the figure given for the costs of the mods/accessories.
    I completely understand that a $ for $ match is asking too much in the eyes of the insurer and the subsequent premiums faced by the insured. But for me, requiring to undertake any form of claim would be if I am left with nothing i.e. the vehicle is completely and utterly destroyed or theft. Then any agreed value doesn't even come close to restoring what was. What options do you have for people who have a hefty list of high end and custom parts

Thanks
    You will have to speak to them but I'm in the same boat and they insured me for well above the cars value.

I have a tb45 patrol with all the fruit including dual elockers and long range tanks and they covered me no problem

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    Lucus30's 1999 GU ST TB45E

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lucus30 View Post
    You will have to speak to them but I'm in the same boat and they insured me for well above the cars value.

I have a tb45 patrol with all the fruit including dual elockers and long range tanks and they covered me no problem

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    Yeah I'll see what they come back
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-e-boy View Post
    Hello.

How do you guys go about insuring vehicles where the modification costs far outweight the vehicles value.
    I have never ended up insuring my ute as the offers from other insurers for the ute and mods/accessories versus the premium cost was in my eys a complete waste of money.
    I have just completed the online quote and the section with the value slider bar was still on the lower side compared to the figure given for the costs of the mods/accessories.
    I completely understand that a $ for $ match is asking too much in the eyes of the insurer and the subsequent premiums faced by the insured. But for me, requiring to undertake any form of claim would be if I am left with nothing i.e. the vehicle is completely and utterly destroyed or theft. Then any agreed value doesn't even come close to restoring what was. What options do you have for people who have a hefty list of high end and custom parts

Thanks
    Gday Ben-e-boy.

It's our bread and butter and not uncommon to insure a vehicle for double it's worth based on the modifications. WHat we generally do is as for a list of the mods with values for each and some photos.

If your like me to arrange for one of my sales team to give you a call please PM me your details and a day and time and i can arrange that for you.

Kalen

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Club 4x4 For This Useful Post:

juzzs8 (13th March 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Club 4x4 View Post
    Macca, very much looking forward to the club talk mate, I appreciate the offer. I like those talks because people do ask the tough questions and hopefully worthwhile answers help us build credibility. Can't wait to catch-up with your club and setting up the partnership is easily done mate. Let's talk on Monday, I may be able to get that going for you before the talk.

Kalen
    That was a great success thanks Kalen, hope it works out for you.
    Last edited by macca; 15th March 2017 at 02:19 PM.
    Cheers
    Macca

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Club 4x4 View Post
    Hi Juzzs8 - at the moment yes, you will continue onto a print renewal.

Hey mate.

When I renewed my insurance. Checked with the pat Callinan account and said I had the subscription renewal with 13 issues remaining. Haven't received my march/April magazine so checked again just now and now says 0 issues remaining. Not sure what happened??
    Sent an email to contactus@club4x4.com.au hopefully they can resolve issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2010 GU7 3.0L CRD

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juzzs8 View Post
    Hey mate.

When I renewed my insurance. Checked with the pat Callinan account and said I had the subscription renewal with 13 issues remaining. Haven't received my march/April magazine so checked again just now and now says 0 issues remaining. Not sure what happened??
    Sent an email to contactus@club4x4.com.au hopefully they can resolve issue.

Hey mate

Not sure what's happened there, but the team should come back to you in a day or two.

Please give us a bit longer than normal as we will have a pretty chunky backlog to get through.

Cheers

Kal

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Club 4x4 For This Useful Post:

juzzs8 (17th April 2017)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that was the best & easiest experience I have ever had with an insurance company.

Cracked the windscreen a while back, so rang Club 4x4 yesterday afternoon, 1 phone call, spoke to someone I could understand and the new windscreen has been installed already !

Easy as - thanks to Matts Windscreens @ Lonsdale and Club 4x4...
    SOLD !!!!! White 2010 GU DX, bull bar, rear drawers, reversing camera, factory snorkel, pioneer roof rack, scangauge, dual battery, awning ....

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Roosim For This Useful Post:

abw (2nd May 2017), Club 4x4 (2nd May 2017), macca (2nd May 2017), Maxhead (2nd May 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a great piece of feedback to get on a Tuesday!

Thanks so much mate!

Cheers

Kalen

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my renewal from Shannons and it has gone up nearly $200 so I thought I'd try Club 4x4. I just wanted a quote so I could see if it is competitive but I need to provide photos to even get an estimate? It seems like a lot of trouble to go to just for a quote. It's nearly winter and it's dark when I leave for work and dark when I get home, I guess it will have to do it on the weekend.
    WARNING: Using a Tow Ball on any Snatch can KILL PEOPLE!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi again fellow Patrol owners!

It has been about 18 months since we were on these pages and much has happened since then!

If you are wanting a quote, please jump on www.club4x4.com.au or call us on 1800 258 249.

If your vehicle is well modified, we will ask you for a few photos and a list, but that is so that we can give you an agreed value with your mods ON TOP of your vehicle value.

Happy Touring!

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast