OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 288

Thread: Club 4X4 - Insurance for 4X4 Enthusiasts

  1. #261
    Expert Club 4x4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Blue Mountains NSW
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 116 Times in 57 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    Hi Kalen,

    My first policy was taken out late March 2016 with no policy fee. Just seems like the absolute best offer is made to potential customers then repeat customers start copping fees. There's no love felt for staying on. If this was brought to the customer's attention in the cover letter of the renewal instead of just being slipped into the bill it wouldn't be so frustrating to us, and would stand you ahead of the pack in customer's eyes.
    Hey Plasnart

    I would need to check your policy as that sounds really irregular. Also, can you check that it is in you Certificate Of Insurance please as it should be broken down there are part of the financial breakdown.

    Putting it in the renewal letter is a good idea mate, but like I said it went in from December, we've missed the cut for renewals from that month.

    I'm sorry it comes across as deceptive, it truly wasn't meant to be. We do make it clear at the point of sale, but renewals as you say don't have the same interaction other than the Certificate of Insurance.

    Feedback appreciated and noted.

    Kal


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

     

  3. #262
    Smart like tractor Ben-e-boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,926
    Thanks
    699
    Thanked 3,128 Times in 1,401 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello.

    How do you guys go about insuring vehicles where the modification costs far outweight the vehicles value.
    I have never ended up insuring my ute as the offers from other insurers for the ute and mods/accessories versus the premium cost was in my eys a complete waste of money.
    I have just completed the online quote and the section with the value slider bar was still on the lower side compared to the figure given for the costs of the mods/accessories.
    I completely understand that a $ for $ match is asking too much in the eyes of the insurer and the subsequent premiums faced by the insured. But for me, requiring to undertake any form of claim would be if I am left with nothing i.e. the vehicle is completely and utterly destroyed or theft. Then any agreed value doesn't even come close to restoring what was. What options do you have for people who have a hefty list of high end and custom parts

    Thanks
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT


  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ben-e-boy For This Useful Post:

    NissanGQ4.2 (11th March 2017)

  5. #263
    Hardcore lucus30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,416
    Thanks
    773
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 866 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-e-boy View Post
    Hello.

    How do you guys go about insuring vehicles where the modification costs far outweight the vehicles value.
    I have never ended up insuring my ute as the offers from other insurers for the ute and mods/accessories versus the premium cost was in my eys a complete waste of money.
    I have just completed the online quote and the section with the value slider bar was still on the lower side compared to the figure given for the costs of the mods/accessories.
    I completely understand that a $ for $ match is asking too much in the eyes of the insurer and the subsequent premiums faced by the insured. But for me, requiring to undertake any form of claim would be if I am left with nothing i.e. the vehicle is completely and utterly destroyed or theft. Then any agreed value doesn't even come close to restoring what was. What options do you have for people who have a hefty list of high end and custom parts

    Thanks
    You will have to speak to them but I'm in the same boat and they insured me for well above the cars value.

    I have a tb45 patrol with all the fruit including dual elockers and long range tanks and they covered me no problem

    Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    Lucus30's 1999 GU ST TB45E

  6. #264
    Smart like tractor Ben-e-boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,926
    Thanks
    699
    Thanked 3,128 Times in 1,401 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lucus30 View Post
    You will have to speak to them but I'm in the same boat and they insured me for well above the cars value.

    I have a tb45 patrol with all the fruit including dual elockers and long range tanks and they covered me no problem

    Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    Yeah I'll see what they come back
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT


  7. #265
    Expert Club 4x4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Blue Mountains NSW
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 116 Times in 57 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-e-boy View Post
    Hello.

    How do you guys go about insuring vehicles where the modification costs far outweight the vehicles value.
    I have never ended up insuring my ute as the offers from other insurers for the ute and mods/accessories versus the premium cost was in my eys a complete waste of money.
    I have just completed the online quote and the section with the value slider bar was still on the lower side compared to the figure given for the costs of the mods/accessories.
    I completely understand that a $ for $ match is asking too much in the eyes of the insurer and the subsequent premiums faced by the insured. But for me, requiring to undertake any form of claim would be if I am left with nothing i.e. the vehicle is completely and utterly destroyed or theft. Then any agreed value doesn't even come close to restoring what was. What options do you have for people who have a hefty list of high end and custom parts

    Thanks
    Gday Ben-e-boy.

    It's our bread and butter and not uncommon to insure a vehicle for double it's worth based on the modifications. WHat we generally do is as for a list of the mods with values for each and some photos.

    If your like me to arrange for one of my sales team to give you a call please PM me your details and a day and time and i can arrange that for you.

    Kalen

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Club 4x4 For This Useful Post:

    juzzs8 (13th March 2017)

  9. #266
    Enjoying the trips macca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Old Bar, NSW
    Posts
    3,105
    Thanks
    1,637
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,077 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Club 4x4 View Post
    Macca, very much looking forward to the club talk mate, I appreciate the offer. I like those talks because people do ask the tough questions and hopefully worthwhile answers help us build credibility. Can't wait to catch-up with your club and setting up the partnership is easily done mate. Let's talk on Monday, I may be able to get that going for you before the talk.

    Kalen
    That was a great success thanks Kalen, hope it works out for you.
    Last edited by macca; 15th March 2017 at 03:19 PM.
    Cheers
    Macca

  10. #267
    Advanced juzzs8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Gold Coast, QLD
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    188
    Thanked 25 Times in 13 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Club 4x4 View Post
    Hi Juzzs8 - at the moment yes, you will continue onto a print renewal.

    Hey mate.

    When I renewed my insurance. Checked with the pat Callinan account and said I had the subscription renewal with 13 issues remaining. Haven't received my march/April magazine so checked again just now and now says 0 issues remaining. Not sure what happened??
    Sent an email to contactus@club4x4.com.au hopefully they can resolve issue.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2010 GU7 3.0L CRD


  11. #268
    Expert Club 4x4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Blue Mountains NSW
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 116 Times in 57 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juzzs8 View Post
    Hey mate.

    When I renewed my insurance. Checked with the pat Callinan account and said I had the subscription renewal with 13 issues remaining. Haven't received my march/April magazine so checked again just now and now says 0 issues remaining. Not sure what happened??
    Sent an email to contactus@club4x4.com.au hopefully they can resolve issue.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hey mate

    Not sure what's happened there, but the team should come back to you in a day or two.

    Please give us a bit longer than normal as we will have a pretty chunky backlog to get through.

    Cheers

    Kal


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Club 4x4 For This Useful Post:

    juzzs8 (17th April 2017)

  13. #269
    Advanced
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Aldinga Beach SA
    Posts
    70
    Thanks
    196
    Thanked 108 Times in 47 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that was the best & easiest experience I have ever had with an insurance company.

    Cracked the windscreen a while back, so rang Club 4x4 yesterday afternoon, 1 phone call, spoke to someone I could understand and the new windscreen has been installed already !

    Easy as - thanks to Matts Windscreens @ Lonsdale and Club 4x4...
    White 2010 GU DX, bull bar, rear drawers, reversing camera, factory snorkel, pioneer roof rack, scangauge, dual battery, awning ....

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Roosim For This Useful Post:

    abw (2nd May 2017), Club 4x4 (2nd May 2017), macca (2nd May 2017), Maxhead (2nd May 2017)

  15. #270
    Expert Club 4x4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Blue Mountains NSW
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 116 Times in 57 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a great piece of feedback to get on a Tuesday!

    Thanks so much mate!

    Cheers

    Kalen

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •