Quote Originally Posted by Ben-e-boy View Post
Hello.

How do you guys go about insuring vehicles where the modification costs far outweight the vehicles value.
I have never ended up insuring my ute as the offers from other insurers for the ute and mods/accessories versus the premium cost was in my eys a complete waste of money.
I have just completed the online quote and the section with the value slider bar was still on the lower side compared to the figure given for the costs of the mods/accessories.
I completely understand that a $ for $ match is asking too much in the eyes of the insurer and the subsequent premiums faced by the insured. But for me, requiring to undertake any form of claim would be if I am left with nothing i.e. the vehicle is completely and utterly destroyed or theft. Then any agreed value doesn't even come close to restoring what was. What options do you have for people who have a hefty list of high end and custom parts

Thanks
You will have to speak to them but I'm in the same boat and they insured me for well above the cars value.

I have a tb45 patrol with all the fruit including dual elockers and long range tanks and they covered me no problem

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk