Thread: Tracks in WA - parks if you will

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tracks in WA - parks if you will

seeing as this section is such a lonely place, I thought it'd be good to try and lure in some WA members to post where they have been and what they'd rate the adventure

media would be good too, if you have some, I'd lead by example but that would need to wait till I'm home

Being down in Mandurah I've been exploring out around Dwellingup a few times, its a popular area.
    Starting around here - google.maps.link - you can explore the hills and head out to some interesting locations. The point I've mapped is, I'm pretty sure, one of the hardest up hill runs in the area, I haven't seen a single fourbie make it up the dug out path up the hill. You'll know it when you see it.

Most people know about that though, and its been a while since I was out finding more interesting tracks in the area so I won't try and locate all of them in Dwellingup

There is a good track though, one you can use on your way to Dwellingup even, off Napier rd. Have a look on google.maps - alas my photos of last time I was up there aren't with me at work.
    Its a bit of fun, has a few challenges, and you can just go explore up through the hills and eventually come out near Dwellingup.

So, does anyone have any new places that we should know about? or photos from some of the Dwellingup adventures? would be good to see something from WA

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day mate - welcome aboard join in and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer just put up and introduce yourself in the introductions and theres another post towards ur 25 but stick around Great bunch of blokes on this site put up some pics of ur GQ in members rides ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim
    Last edited by timbar; 7th April 2011 at 02:45 PM.

1989 GQ LPG / PET TB42 LWB WAGON 4'LIFT 33's
    WELCOME TO THE MUD PITT WE DRIVE NISSAN PATROLS
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by melts View Post
    seeing as this section is such a lonely place, I thought it'd be good to try and lure in some WA members to post where they have been and what they'd rate the adventure

media would be good too, if you have some, I'd lead by example but that would need to wait till I'm home

Being down in Mandurah I've been exploring out around Dwellingup a few times, its a popular area.
    Starting around here - google.maps.link - you can explore the hills and head out to some interesting locations. The point I've mapped is, I'm pretty sure, one of the hardest up hill runs in the area, I haven't seen a single fourbie make it up the dug out path up the hill. You'll know it when you see it.

Most people know about that though, and its been a while since I was out finding more interesting tracks in the area so I won't try and locate all of them in Dwellingup

There is a good track though, one you can use on your way to Dwellingup even, off Napier rd. Have a look on google.maps - alas my photos of last time I was up there aren't with me at work.
    Its a bit of fun, has a few challenges, and you can just go explore up through the hills and eventually come out near Dwellingup.

So, does anyone have any new places that we should know about? or photos from some of the Dwellingup adventures? would be good to see something from WA
    Good on ya mate!!! C'mon WA boys (plenty of you)!! It's the biggest state, so surely there's somewhere to go!!! LOL

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigrig For This Useful Post:

skipntajie (6th August 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi melts, call a trip through dwellingup and im sure there will be a few from this forum attend, including me!
    Have followed a mate through dwellingup on a dirtbike and did some of those hills, would love to hit them in my troll!

Welcome aboard

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The first link is "Carnage Hill" on the edge of Lane Poole Reserve. The area around Carnage Hill is being logged at the moment and then the current Campground at Baden Powell is being closed. A new much bigger Camp ground with Kitchens etc will be constructed over the road and the Day Use area extended over the 'old' camp area. The inside word is Carnage Hill will be closed when that happens which is before Summer this year.

The second link is to the Fire Access Track off Napier Road to Scarp Road via the Plateau. Gates and Bollards have now been installed and locked (last week) at the bottom of the hill at the end of Napier Road next to the Farm and also at the top of the Hill denying access to the Fire Access Track. The only way in and out of the Plateau is now off Scarp Road.

The best alternatives and indeed with a lot more challenging terrain is to travel further down to Logue Brook, Harvey, Brunswick and Collie. Unfortunately there have been many logging Tracks in the Logue Brook and Harvey area that have either been graded to 2WD standard which deters 4WD's as there is no challenge or closed by DEC/Forestry. There are still a few good spots North and East of Harvey Dam however if you explore the area. The 'best' terrain is the forestry tracks down around Brunswick / Collie.

There are a few other spots but the odds of anyone posting them up is pretty low as they are jealously guarded due to more and more areas being closed off. We also have to deal with the Disease Risk Areas over here which are a) huge, b) usually where there was good 'wheeling and c) total no go areas as part of the fight to control Dieback

But... half the fun is exploring anyway and I agree with others in saying wack up a trip on here... you will get some people who will tag along and have a great day out for sure
    Last edited by the evil twin; 7th April 2011 at 04:06 PM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

DX grunt (23rd October 2011), nowoolies (23rd October 2011)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the correct names
    its a shame they have been putting in more gates and the like, i really enjoyed that access road run.

i've never been down to collie and brunswick for offroading, partly because i don't know where I'm going... do you have any locations you can put up with google maps? then I just need to sort out the other part of the problem, which is getting people to head down with us, as a lot of the folk i know with vehicles are up perth way and would rather us travel that way for something like powerlines instead of go on a novel adventure elsewheres

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    thanks for the correct names
    its a shame they have been putting in more gates and the like, i really enjoyed that access road run.

i've never been down to collie and brunswick for offroading, partly because i don't know where I'm going... do you have any locations you can put up with google maps? then I just need to sort out the other part of the problem, which is getting people to head down with us, as a lot of the folk i know with vehicles are up perth way and would rather us travel that way for something like powerlines instead of go on a novel adventure elsewheres
    Try the Western Patrol Club Forum, there are members in Mandurah and further south... most of the Forum is locked but the trips calendar is viewable by non-members and guests are welcome. Trips get put up at shortish notice a lot so it pays to check back every now and then. http://westernpatrolclub.com/forum/i...r=2011;month=4

There are trip reports from the last few years that might give you some ideas as well
    http://westernpatrolclub.com/forum/index.php?board=6.0
    Last edited by the evil twin; 10th April 2011 at 07:25 PM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brunswick, and Collie are not that far for a good day out, If someone puts up a trip, and i'm not working, just try and stop me from attending !
    Even dwellingup is pretty good, and if there has been a bit of rain can be a real challenge. It's only an hour from perth and makes for some good fun.
    02 GU Wag, 6.5 ltr Chev Diesel, 33's, 12000 lb winch, and other stuff, but who's got time to list it when you could be out drivin it ?
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...hp?albumid=119 or http://s1133.photobucket.com/albums/m585/Chev_oiler/ Has video

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    go the powerline track in mundaring

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    last time we went to dwellingup