Quote Originally Posted by Mickhead View Post
Mate that is a REALLY nice patrol .You dumped 8 litres, whats the capacity? Somewhere around 9 to 10? How many ks since you last changed it?
If I had no nasty shyt coming out of the exhaust and was losing a litre or 2 between oil changes at 7 to 10 ks i would not stress too much?
Hi mate. Thank you for the comment. As others know I’ve pumped a lot of time into this thing. Not to mention money. I think I’m just over cautious and worry too much, kinda carried on from owning a ZD30 and not trusting it. Lol
The TD takes 10.5litres and gets changed at every 5k. The only shyt from the exhaust is spot. It does breath a bit heavy through the breather, not really sure what to take on that. But my version of heavy may be actually light. Lol.
I rang a few customers today as well who build truck motors and they didn’t sound too alarmed by it. And also mentioned about the ring gap on the bottom ring if the piston, much along the line of what Rossco said. Could be normal and nothing to worry about.
My main concern is the water temps. I took it for a spin two weeks ago, 16c day and gave the TD a bit of a push up this long hill and the temps were at 95c quite fast. Still not bad but if I did this on a 25c day I can imagine the Redarc gauge temp alarm would have been going off.
I’m thinking of removing the high crack pressure injectors and getting them reset to factory. Then getting the pump timing reset also. I honestly don’t understand the point if these high crack injectors. Plenty of TD’s going around running much more power than mine without them.
Atleast I know the injectors are right then, as this temp issue started I reckon when these injectors were fitted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk