Thread: Mudski GU Build Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,038 Posts
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking smick..

Be doing the same tomorrow morning mate, then heading out Ballarat way to see some friends that have recently made the tree change move from Flemington. Hope your not parking it up after bath time, your not too far from some great spots.

Sent from my CPH1921 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

mudski (13th March 2023)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jay see View Post
    Looking smick..

Be doing the same tomorrow morning mate, then heading out Ballarat way to see some friends that have recently made the tree change move from Flemington. Hope your not parking it up after bath time, your not too far from some great spots.

Spent yesterday out out the road. Went from home to Marysville via Warburton and the Reefton spur. All black top. No dirt. Spent too many hours cleaning the old duck up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mudski; 14th March 2023 at 08:20 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

jay see (13th March 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,038 Posts
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Spent yesterday out out the road. Went from home to Marysville via Warburton and the Reeton spur. All black top. No dirt. Spent too many hours cleaning the old duck up.

Ahh good to read that..

12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

mudski (14th March 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Spent too many hours cleaning the old duck up.

what about your car though? haha
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (19th March 2023), mudski (14th March 2023)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So after last weekend trip, I have no A/C and the thrust bearing for the clutch is screaming it tits off, well since our last Cape Jaffa trip this all started when I stupidly flogged the Patrol in 37c heat with the van in tow whilst using 5th gear. I managed to cook the gearbox oil and ever since the thrust bearing has been noisy, but a whole lot worse now.

As far as I know, if the A/c is not turning on, its either and electrical issue, blown fuse or broken connection somewhere. Or, its out of gas. So I need to sort that out. Then theres the clutch. No easy way out of this so I will be paying someone to do this. @Alitis007. I'll be calling you soon mate.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bugger...my AC is low on gas again now won't click on. Some green goo on the bottom of it. Hope its not oozing death.

Thank ferk its winter...lol...gonna leave mine till end of winter before I bother getting it checked.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Quad-Drive 4WD Club...Western Australia

We're all here coz we ain't all there...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,354 Times in 3,172 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB TD42 View Post
    Bugger...my AC is low on gas again now won't click on. Some green goo on the bottom of it. Hope its not oozing death.

Thank ferk its winter...lol...gonna leave mine till end of winter before I bother getting it checked.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    If you intend to keep the AC in working order, its better to get the system drained and the faulty seal or compressor replaced ASAP. The tech will evacuate any air and moisture from the system, before adding new oil and refrigerant. This will ensure any seals or components won't dry out and fail.
    Last edited by mudnut; 21st April 2023 at 09:57 AM.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So after last weekend trip, I have no A/C and the thrust bearing for the clutch is screaming it tits off, well since our last Cape Jaffa trip this all started when I stupidly flogged the Patrol in 37c heat with the van in tow whilst using 5th gear. I managed to cook the gearbox oil and ever since the thrust bearing has been noisy, but a whole lot worse now.

As far as I know, if the A/c is not turning on, its either and electrical issue, blown fuse or broken connection somewhere. Or, its out of gas. So I need to sort that out. Then theres the clutch. No easy way out of this so I will be paying someone to do this. @Alitis007. I'll be calling you soon mate.
    I had to troubleshoot my aircon not turning on too. A mechanic mate of mine helped me and we resolved it in less than 10mins.

First, take this little cap off and press the valve in *briefly* to check there is gas in the system.
    **It's marked with an L for low, DO NOT press in the side near the radiator marked with an H, that is high pressure**
    If there is gas in the system, it's either a problem with the compressor, electrics or control module.

My problem ended up being a dirty contact in this terminal preventing the receiver/dryer from switching the system on.

I cleaned the contacts in this plug with some electrical contact cleaner and it worked perfectly again!
    Hopefully yours is an easy fix too!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cremulator For This Useful Post:

mudski (21st April 2023)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cremulator View Post
    I had to troubleshoot my aircon not turning on too. A mechanic mate of mine helped me and we resolved it in less than 10mins.

First, take this little cap off and press the valve in *briefly* to check there is gas in the system.
    **It's marked with an L for low, DO NOT press in the side near the radiator marked with an H, that is high pressure**
    If there is gas in the system, it's either a problem with the compressor, electrics or control module.

My problem ended up being a dirty contact in this terminal preventing the receiver/dryer from switching the system on.

I cleaned the contacts in this plug with some electrical contact cleaner and it worked perfectly again!
    Hopefully yours is an easy fix too!
    Thanks mate. I will have a look at this for sure.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (21st April 2023)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    New Clutch in, a big thanks to George for fitting me in. Bloody annoyed though. The actual clutch was fine, still had plenty of life in it, the thrust bearing was about to explode though. So having to go through all the trouble of changing out just the bearing. A whole new clutch went in. $1650 later...

The A/c compressor is shot, so I ordered that and got it to Georges workshop, then the daughter decided to write her car off, so I had to collect the Patrol early, with no new a/c installed as yet, so she can drive the Patrol around until she find a new ride.

Page 84 of 91 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast