Well that makes me feel better . I am not going mad
    Eh?..........

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    someone else has the problem with there 4.2 gauge problems and something not working .

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tip12345 View Post
    someone else has the problem with there 4.2 gauge problems and something not working .
    Yep, my gauge is faulty. I should have listened to the mechanic when he said to not bother with an aftermarket temp gauge, it will give you endless headaches from watching it too much. He was right...

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So after all the cooling system work, Im not sure. I have a road near by, it has a long up hill run, not steep, but goes for maybe a K or so. At 60kph, 14c outside temps, the water temps hit 95c, without even pushing it. Then I go to Rossco's. Pass his place and go down into Yarra Glen. Turn around and wait for a break in the traffic and blasted back up the hills. 4Th gear, outside temps of about 18c, sitting around circa 90kph and the temps rose to 95c again. But slower than I was expecting. I think I will wait for a warm day and hook up the camper and give it a flogging. If the temps hit 95c and stay there (wishful thinking) I'll be happy. Otherwise next thing is to remove the injector pump and get it tested to make sure its doing what its supposed to do.

Other than that, its good to get out in the snotter for a run. Gotta love the whistle of the big GT Garret turbo's. Very distinctive sound. And I've finally fixed the water rail leak after three years and going back to the mechanic seven times. Gotta get something done and right? Do it yourself....

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

10G (10th November 2020), PeeBee (9th November 2020)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    So after all the cooling system work, Im not sure. I have a road near by, it has a long up hill run, not steep, but goes for maybe a K or so. At 60kph, 14c outside temps, the water temps hit 95c, without even pushing it. Then I go to Rossco's. Pass his place and go down into Yarra Glen. Turn around and wait for a break in the traffic and blasted back up the hills. 4Th gear, outside temps of about 18c, sitting around circa 90kph and the temps rose to 95c again. But slower than I was expecting. I think I will wait for a warm day and hook up the camper and give it a flogging. If the temps hit 95c and stay there (wishful thinking) I'll be happy. Otherwise next thing is to remove the injector pump and get it tested to make sure its doing what its supposed to do.

Other than that, its good to get out in the snotter for a run. Gotta love the whistle of the big GT Garret turbo's. Very distinctive sound. And I've finally fixed the water rail leak after three years and going back to the mechanic seven times. Gotta get something done and right? Do it yourself....
    Did you pick up the cable crimper from @AB for your winch? Are you going to need it - I will be across that way soon and will pick it back up if not as can use it now.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

mudski (10th November 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah bloody bugger such a nice rig otherwise. Just disconnect all guages and go for gold . .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine seems to sit around the 95 under work and doesn't get any higher. Even the very limited beech work she got in tassie before I blocked the radiator out didn't go over 95

Sent from my BV9800Pro using Tapatalk

13. The Following User Says Thank You to matfew For This Useful Post:

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Did you pick up the cable crimper from @AB for your winch? Are you going to need it - I will be across that way soon and will pick it back up if not as can use it now.
    With lockdown mate no I haven't sorry. I do need to get onto this, but life is all of a sudden much busier now with our house reno's due to start very soon. I am madly rushing to get things sorted. I had a new head unit for the Patrol sitting on the passenger floor for the last month or two that I need to put in aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by matfew View Post
    Mine seems to sit around the 95 under work and doesn't get any higher. Even the very limited beech work she got in tassie before I blocked the radiator out didn't go over 95

Sent from my BV9800Pro using Tapatalk
    Im just hoping this fan setup will keep things cool enough though when it needs too. But I do think there is little difference to this setup to the reoiled OEM hub and Infinity fan now I have used both. Just getting the right amount of oil in the hub is the key to cooling goodness.

We'll see when the weather warms up.
    Last edited by mudski; 10th November 2020 at 07:06 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (10th November 2020)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well I am still trying to sort out mine . I have ordered a new radiator a brass one with copper fin tubes .
    waiting for a kit to check the cooling water for Exhaust gas . so over this process .

Page 59 of 91 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast