Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Y62 Auto shift problems

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Give them the car for a week to trial on your behalf.
    surely they could replicate what is doing.
    Last edited by threedogs; 1st November 2015 at 09:21 AM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All up they have had my vehicle in for testing and repairs for over 2 1/2 months, they have video of the issue, they have live recordings of the issue partially occurring but have decided to wipe their hands with it and say it is within the design intent of the vehicle. They have even confirmed it affects all Y62s that is when they returned with the fact it is a design intent of the vehicle and to overcome this issue I need to release the accelerator pedal by 10% to get it to shift up gears. Easier said than done when over taking a caravan that was sitting on 60k/hr up hill into a head wind towing a boat fully loaded. I can just about live with the 130k/hr affect but the 90k/hr when towing is my man in concern

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,653 Times in 591 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm no expert, but it sounds like a TCU programming issue. On my Compushift II, I can adjust all those sorts of parameters to make things happen when I want them to happen. Have you ever looked into TCU programming on the Y62?
    Between Patrols ATM. Had a beaut GU with 6.5 Chev TD. Next is a GU ute with a 4.5 litre Cummins conversion and a camper on the back.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    put a valve body shift kit on the auto, It will shift harder but it will shift.
    Where in NT are you..
    Give the guys at Wholesales Automatics down here in Melbourne a call
    and see what they have to say
    Last edited by threedogs; 31st October 2015 at 04:27 PM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizz0853 View Post
    Three dogs I thank you for your efforts, but Nissan Australia's stance is, there is no fault with the vehicle.
    That stance worked for them with the early ZD30 so no suprises there.

Time to get Consumer Affairs etc involved but you may have a small issue getting a lot of other people with similar problems due to the NT speed limits etc.

I lived there for 13 years in the 80's and 90's prior to any limits at all, loved it 'cause you could leave darwin after Brekky and be in Alice before Tea
    Anyone doing under 130 on the Stuart had a line of cars and semis behind them flashing lights and trying to get past.
    So not many other Y62 owners will be doing the amount of "hot, heavy and fast" as your vehicle
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all your responses so far, 😏 Call me old fashioned but I believe a $70000 car under warranty should be repaired under warranty. I am currently in touch with consumer affairs as I believe 21months is more than ample time to repair a vehicle. My main concern is that the vehicle is quite dangerous when it refuses to shift up gears and has caught me out a few times. As the fault is intermittent and varies in severity it can be hard to anticipate and quite frankly sometimes I just forget about it. I just want other Y62 owners to be aware of the issue, especially if you are touring with a trailer in tow.
    Please anyone else that has experienced this problem please contact me. I know there are others on another forum complaining of the same thing, but Nissan insist I am the only person that has an issue with it.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another thought is that Nissan Darwin could possibly be right and there is a deliberate program in the Trany ECU stopping the change at max throttle, max revs due to the torque curve of that Y62 powerplant, hence the need to lift the pedal and go again, just like a fuel cut in a race car when you change gear.

That could end up being a "sux to be you" moment because Nissan will just call it as an engineering and design requirement and walk away maybe.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys for your replies, I will have a look at the Facebook sites thank you. I just may have to step out of the Stone Age and actually make an account first 😕

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizz0853 View Post
    Thanks guys for your replies, I will have a look at the Facebook sites thank you. I just may have to step out of the Stone Age and actually make an account first 😕
    hahaha worth doing sometimes. From what I have seen there are more Y62 owners getting around various FB groups then forums
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast