Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Y62 Auto shift problems

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FNQGU View Post
    I'm no expert, but it sounds like a TCU programming issue. On my Compushift II, I can adjust all those sorts of parameters to make things happen when I want them to happen. Have you ever looked into TCU programming on the Y62?
    I agree with you and do believe it may be a simple programming issue that is in place to protect the transmission, however I am astounded that the program kicks in during what I would quote as standard driving conditions. I would have thought that a 300kw V8 patrol would have been fitted with a transmission that would be near bullet proof or they would have had the common sense to lower the amount of torque available rather than jam the transmission in gear.I would be interested to hear more about this if I am unable to get my patrol repaired.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, this is a TCU issue. There is a towing program available for the Y62. I had it installed in mine by infinitech motorsport Mackay.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    more details please although mine has not shown any symptoms as yet
    SHINY AND NEW: 2015 Series 2 Y62 Ti in White. Bone stock, hate to say it but its the wifes car this time.

OLD SOLD:Silver 50th Anniversary Patrol, 2" Pro-Comp Lift, 32" MT ATZ 4 Rib, 9000lb Warn Winch, UH7700NB + BT UHF Brilliant. Ultra Gauge and some GO FAST bits........

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    I suppose you're still under Nissan warranty which means you probably can't change from specification fluid? Does your auto fluid look nice and red/pink, or brownish? If it's brownish it's cooked. I'd be asking an auto shop about the best transmission fluid for this problem. Is your oil cooler integrated into the main radiator (follow the pipes and see where they go)? If so you it might be better to add an additional loop to an oil cooler in front of the radiator. Gotta keep that fluid as cool as possible is my understanding.
    at 40k the tranny oil is putrid
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgive my inexperience of the 62. But doesn't it have tiptronic selection that will allow you to override the setting that being in D would enforce on you..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123