Thread: Camper trailer brands, New vs Used

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katwoman View Post
    Ok. When I said independent suspension I kinda meant 'suspension of some kind'. The Kanga is a solid axle, we looked at fitting shocks, but for some reason cant. ( I dont know why) It bounces no matter where or what driving conditions.
    No, it doesnt need to flip forward.
    Roofy- Would you take your Penguin down zeka spur, or into Talbottville via crooked river track during winter? And be confident it wont get damaged? Just curious.
    And it's still a little on the small side for us. We still have a teenage daughter that tags along when her social life allows. As for fit.....pffffft. NOT
    Cuppa- every time I see a T-van I think to my self, I must have a closer look at them, so they are on the list. Yes weight probably should be an issue, but I figure because it's made with thick steel and canvas, not tin foil and tissue paper it's acceptable.
    We wont even look at those tent on trailer things. Been there, done that.
    The Kanga is all gas strutted, so it is almost one handed to put up. Its almost like flipping up the bonnet, pull the canvas out, two poles in, peg floor, done.
    I'll put Complete campsite on my list. Love the Exodus, but at $88k, it's a little steep, ATM.
    Zeka Spur no I wouldn't even attempt it the switch backs are to sharp you know what happens on them

Crooked river yes but not in winter remember how deep and strong it gets and someone got the man flue bad

Most other places maybe but you have to remember if my gear goes bust theres know way I could replace it

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sir Roofy For This Useful Post:

katwoman (28th October 2015)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katwoman View Post
    Ok. When I said independent suspension I kinda meant 'suspension of some kind'. The Kanga is a solid axle, we looked at fitting shocks, but for some reason cant. ( I dont know why) It bounces no matter where or what driving conditions.
    No, it doesnt need to flip forward.
    Roofy- Would you take your Penguin down zeka spur, or into Talbottville via crooked river track during winter? And be confident it wont get damaged? Just curious.
    And it's still a little on the small side for us. We still have a teenage daughter that tags along when her social life allows. As for fit.....pffffft. NOT
    Cuppa- every time I see a T-van I think to my self, I must have a closer look at them, so they are on the list. Yes weight probably should be an issue, but I figure because it's made with thick steel and canvas, not tin foil and tissue paper it's acceptable.
    We wont even look at those tent on trailer things. Been there, done that.
    The Kanga is all gas strutted, so it is almost one handed to put up. Its almost like flipping up the bonnet, pull the canvas out, two poles in, peg floor, done.
    I'll put Complete campsite on my list. Love the Exodus, but at $88k, it's a little steep, ATM.
    It looks like you are very impressed with the set up you already have. I dont think it would cost too much to just have the suspension replaced to your liking. Sometimes it is better to just upgrade what you have and know that it will do what you want as it has already proven its self.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,607 Times in 1,472 Posts
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisshead View Post
    Hey Kat, If you're happy with the current one why not replace whole suspension to independent. this is just the first on the list but many more there:http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1600KG-OF...wAAOxyRNJSk-yK

You have the right person to get it done, use him....LOL
    We've looked at that. It's not just the suspension. The canvas is getting a little thin, and it's a big job to replace it. But, yeah, I see your point. Just testing the waters at this stage.
    KATROL- The 2nd
    GU TD42TGi
    Not as pretty, but a whole lot tougher
    Silent member 1208
    Yes Michael, I bought a JEE.....60.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123