User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ARB Blow Gun

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ARB Blow Gun - SOLVED (grabbed a part from Bunnings)

Hi Everyone.

Stopped by my local ARB stockist (a great young guy Jason at Westcoast 4wd Centre in Clarkson) and he tells me that ARB do not sell their air blower separately - only with the twin tank kit.

He suggested I stop by Air Tools WA who should have an adaptor to convert an ARB coupler to a standard 10mm..... they don't..... dagnamit....

So to my question, does any either (a) have a spare ARB air blower / air gun that they might sell or (b) know of any one who might stock them? Only looking to use it to blow dust in an emergency on the track (eg air filter - yes, I know, you're not supposed to but but after a recent trip where most of it was spent eating the dust of 10 cars in front, it would be useful).

I purchased a few bits for a few dollars from Air Tools WA with the view to converting the ARB kit to standard, but to be honest, I would rather get the air gun if possible.

Pete
    Last edited by LaughingBeagles; 25th October 2015 at 04:57 PM.
    Looking for a 4WD Club in WA that caters solely for Patrol, Safari and Maverick owners? Click here to HERE to visit the Western Patrol Club. Click HERE for the Beagle Mobile Mods!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingBeagles View Post
    Hi Everyone.

Stopped by my local ARB stockist (a great young guy Jason at Westcoast 4wd Centre in Clarkson) and he tells me that ARB do not sell their air blower separately - only with the twin tank kit.

He suggested I stop by Air Tools WA who should have an adaptor to convert an ARB coupler to a standard 10mm..... they don't..... dagnamit....

So to my question, does any either (a) have a spare ARB air blower / air gun that they might sell or (b) know of any one who might stock them? Only looking to use it to blow dust in an emergency on the track (eg air filter - yes, I know, you're not supposed to but but after a recent trip where most of it was spent eating the dust of 10 cars in front, it would be useful).

I purchased a few bits for a few dollars from Air Tools WA with the view to converting the ARB kit to standard, but to be honest, I would rather get the air gun if possible.

Pete
    Don't know the answer Pete, but it might be worth checking with Enzed or Pirtek for airline fittings.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 4bye4 For This Useful Post:

LaughingBeagles (25th October 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

6. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

LaughingBeagles (25th October 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks lads. 3D nice find mate (as always) - would never have guessed that fitted an ARB socket!
    Looking for a 4WD Club in WA that caters solely for Patrol, Safari and Maverick owners? Click here to HERE to visit the Western Patrol Club. Click HERE for the Beagle Mobile Mods!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LaughingBeagles For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (25th October 2015), threedogs (25th October 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,430 Times in 6,262 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I was just reading last night that ARB use a European standard air fitting. You can get adaptors for them from Bunnings

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spent a bunch of time reading up about the same thing this morning Winnie. I might take my bits to Bunnings and see what I can do - just thought that for the sake of one item, I might ask first (I don't have an air tank so it has limited uses).

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    I was just reading last night that ARB use a European standard air fitting. You can get adaptors for them from Bunnings
    Yep. It's about $4, from memory.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got back from Bunnings - no joy (found some that were close, but no cigar). Waiting for Masters to open and will try that. Failing all that, I will go for the Fleebay special pointed out by 3D.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    I would prefer an adaptor that most have like those Nitto fitting .
    Not point having something in case you need it but cant use because you have different fittings.
    Not one of ARB's better moves IMO, not everyone buys their gear
    Twin barb and single barb Jamac fittings didnt allow as much air flow as the Nitto

Super cheap should sell them
    Last edited by threedogs; 25th October 2015 at 03:01 PM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They were some of the bits I bought from Air Tools WA. A barbed jobby to convert my ARB to a standard 1/4" fitting, which would just mean having to have the male into the compressor female at one end and a standard fitting at the other.

Just thought that if I could avoid hacking my ARB hose to bits to fit the barbed female coupling, I might save potential issues.

EDIT: And I agree - a dumb move by ARB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast