Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Air compressor in rear

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mounting in the rear is no trouble. You will obviously need to alter the loom. I would consider running a single airline from the back to under the seat to an ally manifold for the solenoids so you don't have to run all you activation wiring and hoses all the way to the back.

I would install the vent kit for the solenoids though. You have been lucky ab. Not hard to make as it's basically just more air line from the exhaust port on each solenoid. Without it they vent to the cabin.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You could also run some air line front and rear then you'll only need 2 mtrs of hose to re-inflate your tyres
    Thats if you are going to use it for your tyres . I did it was great very simple to do as you know
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In the GQ I have an airline fitting under both front seats.

In the GUIV I have the fitting at the back only and my hose will reach all 4 wheels and also reach my camper trailer.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not a great pic but you can see my compressor is there along with my water pump and fuse block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk cause AB turned it back on!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (24th October 2015), blocko05 (28th October 2015)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you get the air comp fitted? For my own reasons I wont be fitting mine inside at all due to my three boys. I'd rather not have a noisy comp inside when they possibly could be asleep being young lads. Engine bay will suit me better.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossko07 View Post
    Did you get the air comp fitted? For my own reasons I wont be fitting mine inside at all due to my three boys. I'd rather not have a noisy comp inside when they possibly could be asleep being young lads. Engine bay will suit me better.
    Yeah I did mate

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

blocko05 (28th October 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossko07 View Post
    Be mindfull of the thermal cut out on some compressors , engine bay temps will trip the thermal switch.
    Not familiar with ARB compressors but someone could tell you.
    Or just leave it in a case and use with decent alligator clips on the battery, its not a race. lol
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    , mines under the seat .
    Had my trusty old Thomas under the bonnet in the GQ, under the drivers seat in the GU2, there was even a nice vent to blow cooling air over it. I only used it for tyre inflation.
    My fear of air bag interference/detonation means it will probably end up under the bonnet of the GU8.
    Graham

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have my ARB compressor under a rear passenger seat, and have run the intake via a hose to a quarter panel trim. That gives the pump more chance of survival if water enters the cab. The extra length has quietened down the pump too. I have also used a small food container to seal the solenoid in as well.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased my ARB compressor at Christmas time and put it in the rear drawers. It's still in the box and waiting to be fitted. Ooops. I like this idea of fitting in next to the drawers as it keeps it nice and clean. Are there any issues with it not getting enough airflow in there?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast