Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brindabella Ranges (ACT)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissPat View Post
    by the way Shayne, jump into the introductions and say G'Day... are you local or just know the place?
    Yeh, sorry NissPat...been meaning to introduce myself. Been flat out since finding this forum and basically forgot! lol Mate, i'm now a local. Moved here with the family about 2.5 years ago from Newcastle. The spot you talk of is great for both camping or just simply stopping for a picnic with family and friends. The hill climbs you speak of ALOT of fun. The Webbs Ridge Trail (out of Flea Creak and off Gentle Annie) is quite steep and alot of fun. My mate, about 4months ago, lost it on the very top of the last little climb there and rolled his Defender on its side. Don't be afraid all, he is new to 4wd'ing and was a rookie mistake. After me telling him to STAY IN 2nd GEAR!!! he changed into third and almost stalled before loosing traction and rolling backwards into an embankment that rolled his truck over! Oh well, he DID learn his lesson!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,309 Times in 3,409 Posts
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep, some nice country around there.
    Flea creek is a nice place to camp,etc. They've done a fair bit of work there now which brings more people down there which isn't always good.
    Just before you get to Flea cr on Gentle Annie there's a left turn into McDonalds Flat, that's my mates property and a nice spot so we camp around there.

Years ago we used to drive up the hill(or try to anyway) in the camp spot right on the river at Flea cr , you might know which one I'm talking about. There isn't a track there anymore as too many cars got damaged and people stop driving up there.
    I know which hill your mate rolled his Defender, it's a good climb....but if he wanted to get to the top he should have bought a Patrol, ay....hahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahah

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny, you know. That's exactly what I told him! lol I know both the property and the hill you speak of. Man, I would LOVE to own a property out there...shear heaven! Lucky B'tard. lol

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day guys,

Heading up to the Brindies this weekend. Probably going to meet at Picadilly Circus about 8:30am and see where we go from there. Last time went down Gentle Annie to Flea Creek then up Wells Ridge Rd to McIntyres Hut for lunch. Came back and went up the Powerline track to meet up with Two Sticks Road and then around Mt Coree. Got two cars so far, hopefully we can get some more.

Scacey

Thanks
    Thanked 4,804 Times in 2,397 Posts
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scacey View Post
    G'day guys,

Heading up to the Brindies this weekend. Probably going to meet at Picadilly Circus about 8:30am and see where we go from there. Last time went down Gentle Annie to Flea Creek then up Wells Ridge Rd to McIntyres Hut for lunch. Came back and went up the Powerline track to meet up with Two Sticks Road and then around Mt Coree. Got two cars so far, hopefully we can get some more.

Scacey
    Good stuff scacey! Remember to take lots of pics and post them up here!
    When you have to shoot, shoot.
    Don't talk.
    ~Tuco.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    would be keen to do a brindies run soon in my new patrol if anyone is keen?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12