Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80k service

Guys,

We have just moved to Shellharbour NSW and I am looking for a good mechanic to service my 2009 CRD
    Nissan Warrawong have just quoted me a jaw-dropping $1250 for the 80K service so I am looking for a good mechanic in the area to do the service

Does anyone know a good reliable mechanic in the Shellharbour/Wollongong area?
    2009 ZD30-CRD Patrol ST Wagon. Bullbar, IPF Spotties, Snorkel, BFG285/70R70, 2" OME Lift, Rear Drawers, UHF, Scangauge, VDO Boost and EGT Gauges in an A-Pillar Pod, More bits

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Are you able to do some of the service items your self , like change oils etc
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Give Nick a call mate

1. Nix Automotive Centre

Address: 253 Princes Hwy, Albion Park Rail NSW 2527

Phone:(02) 4256 3300

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxhead For This Useful Post:

apalsson (13th October 2015)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Are you able to do some of the service items your self , like change oils etc
    Mate, I'm a mechanical retard
    2009 ZD30-CRD Patrol ST Wagon. Bullbar, IPF Spotties, Snorkel, BFG285/70R70, 2" OME Lift, Rear Drawers, UHF, Scangauge, VDO Boost and EGT Gauges in an A-Pillar Pod, More bits

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Nisshead View Post
    Give Nick a call mate

1. Nix Automotive Centre

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a Bl**dy waste of time that was!
    Bloke had no idea what was in an 80k service so I had to go there with my service book for them to work it out.
    Some offsider wrote down something and I was supposed to get a call back - which never came.
    Called the guy a little while ago and he still had no idea what the service included
    Said he couldn't quote it but wanted me to come and have it done regardless - on his word it would be cheaper!
    He was all hung up on me needing Synthetic oil for the job and then said it would be as much as $250 (Nissan set price is $1,250)

Anyhow, it's worth my while making a trip back up to Coffs and get my usual mechanic do it rather than this nonsense. **$^&$%^$
    I wonder if all car mechanics down here are like this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Nisshead View Post
    Give Nick a call mate

1. Nix Automotive Centre

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by apalsson View Post
    What a Bl**dy waste of time that was!
    Bloke had no idea what was in an 80k service so I had to go there with my service book for them to work it out.
    Some offsider wrote down something and I was supposed to get a call back - which never came.
    Called the guy a little while ago and he still had no idea what the service included
    Said he couldn't quote it but wanted me to come and have it done regardless - on his word it would be cheaper!
    He was all hung up on me needing Synthetic oil for the job and then said it would be as much as $250 (Nissan set price is $1,250)

Anyhow, it's worth my while making a trip back up to Coffs and get my usual mechanic do it rather than this nonsense. **$^&$%^$
    I wonder if all car mechanics down here are like this one!
    My apologies for giving you a bum steer. He used to do a lot of 4bies a few years back so I thought if you had nowhere to start may be he will be your man but obviously not.
    My old mechanic always wanted to use synthetic oil as well till I convinced him it wasn't required.

Tell him to piss off and go somewhere else mate. No point going there if he's not clued up on service schedules and especially if he has no idea on Patrols.

Sorry mate, definitely wasn't intentional.

My current guy which I've been taking my last two Patrols too is pretty much a LC and Patrol gury but he's in Canberra and there is a 3-4 week wait to get in. Runs his shop from a back yard in the shed.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.