Thread: Frustrating oil leak on gu

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frustrating oil leak on gu

Hi everyone, just bought a gu wagon tb45 with an auto. I love everything about it except this annoying oil leak. It's at the back of the motor towards the top I think. Just did a service the other day too. I didn't overfill as the dipstick is showing low already. The oil isn't hot, it look consistent with engine oil I think and only seems to leak after I've done a climb. Any suggestions as to the problem would be awesome please. Happy patrolling!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi mate - could you please post and introduction? Do you have a turbo. Might be the intercooler.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi mate, as asked please head over to the intro section and post an intro thanks.

I think that your PCV on the top rear of the rocker cover has the hose off. It is the Pressure Control Valve for the Rocker Cover and has a return line to the inlet manifold as part of the Polution gear. some would fit a catch can to it rather than return it tot he inlet to be burnt.

Pics will help.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will suss that out. Thanks guys.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like the pcv valve is hooked up. I'm still a bit dubious as to whether it is motor or auto trans fluid. My friend reckons it is leaking from the auto breather. I'm unsure where this is located and I'm not seeing that oil level drop like the motor oil level. Again, it only happens on a steep incline which has me really confused. It's had a head reco done before I bought it, doesn't look at all like it's coming from the gaskets at the top at all. But it's leaking down from the top and coming out between the bell housing and sump.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok flexed it up in the paddock next door. Small amount of oil coming from rear bolt on exhaust rear exhaust pipe. Also a bucket load of oil pouring out on side of auto. I'm think rocker gasket and auto over filled.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it seemed the oil leak was a rocker cover bolt being installed wrong. Cross threaded and a seal upside down. The massive oil leak was the auto being overfilled. No big dramas. Thanks for the help. Cheers