Thread: GU Duel Battery System with Deep Cycle Battery

Thanks
    Thanked 4,665 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    This is what I've got and got it a lot cheaper than that.
    Good pick up. I got my 120 for under that.
    I was quoted $215 for my 120ah, from memory the 105 was around $185.
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No matter what tray you get, likely you should also get some fabricating done to stop it moving and breaking underneath.
    I had a metal strap/ connected betwen inner battery hold-down out to the guard.
    AJTich
    2004 GUIII, white ST, 3.0L manual wagon, NADS,EGT/Boost,Water Temp/Oil Press gauges, drawers, UHF, stubby cooler on the 4WD selector...
    "I don't get bogged, I have unplanned 4WD training activities..."

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've put a Delkor MF under my bonnet, I have a GU TB45e and it was a pain in the butt to fit it in, welded up my own battery tray that uses 4 factory bolt positions, had to shift my diff and tranny breathers as well as change the loom that runs into the side guard to the side blinker and aerial.
    I fitted a ABR sidewinder dual battery isolator, I've fitted a monitor in the dash that i can check the voltage on both batteries as well as jump start off the auxiliary.
    I ran 3 B&S between the batteries which I now believe is way overkill, I could have saved some bucks and went smaller, I ran 8 B&S to the back for my merit plugs, after measuring with a multi-meter there was no voltage loss to the rear. I didn't run an earth back to the battery from the rear and just used a rear earthing point and that has worked fine.
    I have heaps of stuff running auxiliary battery and it has been great, have an evakool 70l DZ fridge/freezer in the back that stays real cold, as well as all our camp LED's, front and rear light bars (switched).
    If I'm on the road a bit the battery stays charged, and when I'm not using the fridge, most days the isolator doesn't even switch off, when we pull up and camp for a few days I just connect the solar panels to the aux. battery, never had a problem yet and the battery is only an 80 AH.
    I use 2 x 120AH AGM batteries & 120w solar panels when we camp out with the camper trailer, and after a few years camping trips have decided that I reckon we could get by with half that easily.
    I it was a bit of a rant, but you can spend a lot of money and end up with something that is way more than you need.
    I spent a lot of time researching what I was going to do then spent about half as much as I thought I would buying the bigger stuff through ebay.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 594 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the comments guys, I ended up getting the arb tray and a century 730 marine battery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 GU6 3.0 CRD AUTO | Safari Snorkel | 2" Ironman lift kit | Runva 11XP Winch | 33" MTZ's | Full Length Roof Rack | GME TX3200 | 30" LED Light Bar |

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bacho86 For This Useful Post:

Hodge (20th October 2015)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123