Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 594 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GU Duel Battery System with Deep Cycle Battery

Hey Guys,

Well I've been doing some research and am slowly starting to pull together parts for my duel battery system.

The Patrol is used for general camping and 4x4 duties, as such only has the standard LED lighting and a 47L ARB fridge requiring power at this stage.

I'll be putting through a couple additional 12V USB power sockets through the patrol at the same time.

Can anyone recommend a quality eBay seller with a decent product - I'm dubious about their quality being direct from o/seas, but Narva ones are at least double the price....

From Piranah image.jpg[

From various eBay sellers image.jpg

image.jpg

I've already ran some 6B&S power and earth cable along the inside of the vehicle from the engine bay to the rear, and will be installing a fuse box in the front and rear of the vehicle.

I've pretty much settled on getting the Redarc SBI12KIT Duel Battery system from AutoElecAU as it suits my generall needs and is good value for money at $219.

image.jpg
    Last edited by Bacho86; 11th October 2015 at 04:49 PM.
    2008 GU6 3.0 CRD AUTO | Safari Snorkel | 2" Ironman lift kit | Runva 11XP Winch | 33" MTZ's | Full Length Roof Rack | GME TX3200 | 30" LED Light Bar |

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have a look at this store if you haven't already mate.
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/autoelecau

Bought tons of Auto elec stuff from there and aways great prices and fast delivery never had an issue with them.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

Bacho86 (11th October 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone had any experience; good or bad; regarding Piranah ($195) or ARB ($135) auxiliary battery trays.... I'm struggling to justify the difference. Have read bad reports about installation difficulties for both.... but you never know with random online reviews
    2008 GU6 3.0 CRD AUTO | Safari Snorkel | 2" Ironman lift kit | Runva 11XP Winch | 33" MTZ's | Full Length Roof Rack | GME TX3200 | 30" LED Light Bar |

Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GU Duel Battery System with Deep Cycle Battery

Battery wise, given it will be under the bonnet I'm staying away from the AGM / Gel type batteries and sticking with the cheaper older tech batteries.

I'm tossing up between a deep cycle battery or a marine type battery which gives a good combined cracking power with deep cycle. I've had a read on this website which provided some good information on batteries which are suitable for under bonnet installations http://www.everybattery.com.au/deep_...s_auto_4wd.php

There are so many different types and variants out there, so its a bit of a mine field I think, but options currently being considered are:

Exide Stowaway (ST27DC95) - 680 CCA and 95 A?H for $224

Delkor D31 Lead Calcium Deep Cycle 100Ah $270

Supercharge All rounder (MRV70L) - 760CCA and 105 A/H for $239

Century Deep Cycle Flooded Battery (N70t) - 100A/H for $199

Century Marine Pro 730 - 730 CCA and 100 A/H for $195

Any experience / recommendations with any of these -- or any other similar batteries for that matter! Thanks!
    Last edited by Bacho86; 11th October 2015 at 04:50 PM.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacho86 View Post
    Has anyone had any experience; good or bad; regarding Piranah ($195) or ARB ($135) auxiliary battery trays.... I'm struggling to justify the difference. Have read bad reports about installation difficulties for both.... but you never know with random online reviews
    I have/had a ARB tray in my 3L CRD and in my 4.2 L. Both fitted my self . I don't know whats difficult about fitting it ?? I think both were all of 3 stubbies worth.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    I have/had a ARB tray in my 3L CRD and in my 4.2 L. Both fitted my self . I don't know whats difficult about fitting it ?? I think both were all of 3 stubbies worth.
    Cool good to know - I was reading on piranah'a website about having to possibly relocate radiator overflow bottles or get additional brackets etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Have a look at this store if you haven't already mate.
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/autoelecau

Bought tons of Auto elec stuff from there and aways great prices and fast delivery never had an issue with them.
    Yeh that's where I'm planning on getting the redarc kit from (I think based on your recommendation and recent post for the 4.2). I couldn't find any USB sockets though that I was looking for unfortunately

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have you considered the Baintech GU panel ? The 3 big sockets in it are modular. So you can have USB / engel / Cig - in them, any combo.
    Very neat, but IMO a little expensive @ around $100 from memory.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    Ah legend thanks ET. I couldn't find anything but I was on the mobile app

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast