Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cast o line bushes

Hi guys,
    This has been debated before, but I still don't find a satisfactory answer.
    Part of the deal when I bought my 2011 patrol was for the dealership to correct a pretty heavy pull to the left. Their mechanic initially tried to get out of it by telling me that all cars pull heavily to the left in case you fall asleep to avoid head ons!!! At 100km/hour I would go off the road after app 1 second if I let go of the wheel. As I disagreed with the mechanic, Fulchrum was contacted to give an independent opinion. They deemed it unacceptable and potentially dangerous. A cast o line kit was fitted and everything was fine. I have now done 12000 kms and the car goes straight as and arrow without any shudder. When talking to others 4WD owners some of them tell me that the diff will soon start to give me big problems as the kit isn't the best thing.
    Any thoughts?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rubbish. I have had a Castoline race kit fitted for 150,000kms. They are without logic. Rubbish. The kit is simply a king pin bearing race. The car doesn't even know it's their. They must be from face book.....

Enjoy mate.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Rubbish. I have had a Castoline race kit fitted for 150,000kms. They are without logic. Rubbish. The kit is simply a king pin bearing race. The car doesn't even know it's their. They must be from face book.....

Enjoy mate.
    Maybe ite the booze i have had Darren interfering but are you saying the said kit is rubbish? If not anymore info on said kit?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Maybe ite the booze i have had Darren interfering but are you saying the said kit is rubbish? If not anymore info on said kit?

The Cast-O-Line adjustable camber kit for a GU is The Best Modification I have done to my GUIV bar none. Absolute winner.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Both of them were landcruiser owners, might have something to do with it.....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You need to make sure you rotate your tyres regularly and it's a great mod.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They just straighten the angle on the left wheel dont they? To stop the inside wear of the tyre?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pete57 View Post
    Thanks. Both of them were landcruiser owners, might have something to do with it.....
    Serves you right for listening to them...
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.