Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Yes mate that would work on ensuring the bolt can pull up but I was referring to the actual nutsert spinning inside the substrate you are trying to lock it in to.

They sometimes spin whilst your are trying to force the bolt up when spinning the nut so you may have to reef the bolt to one side or take it out and expand it a bit and ram it back in to the hole and start again.
    Yeah got that bit & the reason why it happens is the nut on the bolt grabs on one surface of the washer in turn the washer grads the face of the nutsert & as you turn the nut the whole lot starts turning together which means your winding the the nutsert back off the bolt at the same time.....

By using 2 washers with a little grease in-between them should create a point of least resistance so in theory when the nut on the bolt grabs the surface of the washer & starts turning it, it should just slip against the second washer instead of turning the nutsert.

As I said though its only "in theory" & if you play with these things at work I recon you could test out my theory for me & let me know if it works......

Cheers Old mate.
    Last edited by patch697; 4th April 2011 at 08:13 PM.