OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Alarm system and gps tracker for 1995 safari?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Alarm system and gps tracker for 1995 safari?

Hey guys i'm doing a full restoration for Strom and since as you know, it is the easiest truck on the planet to break into i was wondering if any of you knew a good brand for an alarm that would keep my baby secure something that also covers the back silly plastic sliding window lock on the sides. Also i was hoping any of you knew what of a type of tracker that has geo fencing, works on battery power and self recharges, has a 3g or 4g sim card installation and doesnt require a monthly subscription, and if possible real time tracking if not i would settle for the sms alarm. She almost got stolen from me a couple of months ago and i stlill have nightmares. A restored safari has a target on its back regardless of how well known my specific vehicle is. as you also know the electronics on this model are insanely finiky and has been driving me crazy for years with unknown aliments. If the alarm doesnt cover the rear window any tips on how to lock it permanently without damaging it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. All these nice new alarms require an attachment to the computer which we dont have lol.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking about two options, 1. hiding a smartphone with tracking app. permanently inside vehicle 2. use of a gps tracker - on ebay.com you can find plenty of them with additional functions like engine cut, mic in car...etc

I would prefer a sim with small data and prepaid type. You have to use personal phone to get information or command vehicle.

Good day

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    you should also contact your local Auto electrician to see what they have installed for people. It might also be worth asking your insurance company as well. There are so many to choose from and every rep will tell you theirs is the best. Nothing beats a locked up garage and a big dog who sleeps in the garage.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ebay has heaps, BUT the GSM network is finishing next year. Big price difference between that and 3-4G! I'm trying to find one thats a good combination of value and function. A smartphone hasnt worked for me. Might be my lack of tech savvy though.....
    NT blood in QLD mud.
    I dont know nuthin' about no stolen generator.....

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox7 View Post
    I was thinking about two options, 1. hiding a smartphone with tracking app. permanently inside vehicle 2. use of a gps tracker - on ebay.com you can find plenty of them with additional functions like engine cut, mic in car...etc

I would prefer a sim with small data and prepaid type. You have to use personal phone to get information or command vehicle.

Good day
    They have sim card trackers but they only come in 2g but they have to be charged every 48 hours and not connected to the battery. our networks here are only 3g and 4g. The engine cut and mic installs are expensive and they mess with my safaris electrics so bad it worrys me. I have a list of the ones on ebay but im not that well informed on their compatibility with my truck. It's so annoying lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are some trackers can powered by battery ( eg. 9V to 24V). I don't know about mobile networks. But I hope 2G network is still running in your country.
    Most of the aftermarket Trackers are for any kind of vehicle. You need to do some wiring accordingly. Wont be a big mess. You need a good electrician.

I have this idea to install a security system. For simplicity, I have properly working key operated, central lock