Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GU IV and on Dash Bubbles

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had mine (2005 GU IV) replaced today.

Good job, they couldn't have been more helpful.

Slightly different colour (matt dark grey to black) but looks good.
    Last edited by TimE; 27th July 2010 at 10:38 AM.
    Time Marches On .....and on ..... and on

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dash Bubbles the VIN Range covered

As mentioned above, I had mine replaced yesterday and the Invoice for $0 had the following info on it.

Campaign AWB-008/10 VIN range JN1TCSY61A0360001 - JN1TCSY61A0365922

So it looks like if your GU fits within this VIN range and has bubbles on the dash then your local Nissan dealer should happily replace it for $0.
    Time Marches On .....and on ..... and on

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patch697 View Post
    It was shotty manufacturing in from overseas company

Cheers
    Paul
    Not quite. Same problem with other manufacturers made in Japan, Europe and Aus, usually when they first start making this kind of "soft feel" dash for the first time.
    A lot depends on the shape/design of the dash.
    It is caused by a gas bubble in the foam near the skin of the dash. When it heats up it expands, causing the pimple.
    It can be fixed by carefully drilling a hole through the hard inner plastic frame of the back of the dash, into the bubble to release the pressure, but if it has been there a while the skin would have been stretched so you will still see it to some extent, but won't blow up in the sun.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also DON'T use armorall or any other dash treatment, it bakes the dash in the sun/heat, just stick with the good old soap and water.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had my dash replaced under warranty 2 years ago and it is now just as bad again.
    Nissan dealer is "Reviewing" my case as I have already had one free replacement, but Nissan Australia have to make the decision.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Topender View Post
    I had my dash replaced under warranty 2 years ago and it is now just as bad again.
    Nissan dealer is "Reviewing" my case as I have already had one free replacement, but Nissan Australia have to make the decision.
    Hey Topender give the 1800 number above a call mate. you should have no trouble. Dont go to Werribee Nissan though. If your vehicle is in teh VIN number range you will be fine. with the ones being replace though there is no extension of warranty for the new part. I am outside warranty and was repaired for free but will not get another.

Good luck.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Everyone,

New member here, Just Bought myself a Mid 2005 GU IV ST-L Patrol with Ironman Bar+Wynch, Toughdog Lift, Snorkel etc, all the bits with 127,000 on the clock, Everything seemed Sweet except for the Trashy Dash with Bubbles, I thought I would have to pay to get this fixed (What previous owner told me) however just after reading this I have contacted my Nissan Dealer and they have agreed to Supply & Replace the Dash for free (As stated above), Thankyou heaps for this info!

I thought that was more than a good enough reason to be a member of this forum.

Dave Deadset.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Dave, good to see they fixed it for you mate.

Don't forget to put up an intro about yourself in the introductions section and feel free to ask any questions and join in!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had my dash done a while ago through northside nissan in Perth and am stoked with the result. Mmm free..not many things are these days.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimE View Post
    Yep positive, I have mine booked in to get done in a couple of weeks, no argument from Miss Nissan, just checked that my VIN was within the range covered, i.e. GU IVs and younger, unlimited Ks.
    I know this thread is a bit old, but I'm hoping someone reads this now and can tell me if the 2007 model I just bought, with a VIN of JN1TExxxxxxxxxxx is covered under this recall, assuming it's still on now at the end of 2011. I saw somewhere that the VIN range was for JN1TCxxxxxxxxxxx

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast