Thread: GU IV and on Dash Bubbles

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    About bloody time too.

will be in there tomorrow to show them the great line of bubbles growing across my dash by the day
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    I have just spent the last 30 minute on google looking for any other mention of this on the internet via Nissan Australia, even ended up on a ford forum. lol

If this is true, and it bloody should be then line up behind me. There is a heap of guys with this problem..

Are you guys absolutely certain of this?? shame it is near 6pm or i would call now
    Got it direct from "Nizzbits" MR

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    Here's a national recall site. Enter "Patrol" in the search window. There's a few there but couldn't see the dashboard recall??

http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/in.../itemId/952401
    although this is a "recall" its not a national safety recall & as it doesn't come under a "safety recall" its only cosmetic thay don't have to publicize it but have agreed to replace faulty dash's (parts & labor).

As it turns out 1 in 3 seem to have this issue so I don't think Nissan had a choice.

Cheers
    Paul

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plasnart

The top of the website says Australian Product Safety Recall. Would that have anything to do with it?
    Last edited by DX grunt; 9th July 2010 at 10:40 PM.
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    Out of interest, does anybody know what ratio of early ZD30's are having/have had heart trouble? They haven't recalled that design flaw. Maybe a bit too expensive for them to recall so they've lumped that one on the consumer who bought their product in good faith and shelter behind their corporate might?
    Most of the time this problem didn't occur until thay were way out of warranty which yes meant the pore consumer (in most cases the second owner) copped it but where not talking about the same thing here.

Cheers
    Paul

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    About bloody time too.

will be in there tomorrow to show them the great line of bubbles growing across my dash by the day
    Howd you go MudRunner?

Did they just accept it and agreed to fix the bubbles on yours?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nah, i called Werribee Nissan service yesterday and they knew nothing about it but it was just the service girl, she took my details and will call me monday. I did the ring around and the only service department that was taking calls on Saturday was Werribee.

Will let you know monday for sure.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well!

i called Werribee Nissan this afternoon cause they did not call me back.

The guy laughed at me literally and gave me teh number for Nissan Australia, basically saying good luck with that!! (i was pretty wild getting of the phone)

Call this Number

1800 035 035

I spoke to a lovely lady at Nissan Australia by the name of Ilyana who assured me that there was definitely a Service Campaign for vehicles upto 6 years old. The warranty would not be extended, unlimited Kms.

The dash will be replaced at no charge to me and she will email Werribee Nissan to advise them to review the Service Campaign.

I then called back Werribee and spoke to the same bloke, told him who i was and that i was the guy he laughed at, that i was pretty crappy at him for that and that he would be getting an email today regarding the campaign. He apologised for being rude and looked forward to getting the email. He had not heard anything about it..

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great customer service over at Werribee, laughing at customers, nice work!

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet you he was just to damn lazy to get off his ass to find out for himself after all thats all you did. (Lazy Bastards)

Good onya MR thay need Blokes like you kicking up the ass every now & then. Bustards wouldn't do anything at all otherwise.

Cheers
    Paul

p.s Don't forget to spread the love mate cos we all know Nissan wont....lol
    Last edited by patch697; 12th July 2010 at 03:53 PM.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast