OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sold the Pajero and am picking this up . . .

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looks like a good list. The only thing I would change is the Ironman lift. Only because when I did mine a cpl of months ago I got 50/50 those who said they were ok and those who hated them. Went for West Coast Suspensions, lots of mining trucks there and I could see them before fitting etc. Three year guarantee.
    Auto sparky in Albany or Mt Barker maybe??
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 4bye4 For This Useful Post:

ImRobboToo (6th October 2015)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImRobboToo View Post
    Ive been a KA boy since '79' then ran away and joined the Army. Been away for 20+ yrs, and the place hasnt changed much at all, and for a SuperTown, it hasnt really got the infrastructure to refleck that. Im hapy to be back in the country. Hated driving in the East with the amount of traffic, and only recently getting 2 lanes from Syd - Melb it came all too late for me.
    A lot of families i knew, are still around, we have just gotten older lol
    yeah, I know

every time I head down there, its not changed that much - haven't been for a couple of years (no reunions or deaths in the family)

although I DO love the all ages playground - always stop there for a hour or so
    Tidy Whitey - 99 GU TD42Ti - Diesel Gas, (GUIV Turbo & Intercooler 8Lb boost), 33" Micky T's Baja MTZ's, Dual Batt's, Cargo Barrier, rear draws, HID Super Oscars, winch, Grinch & witch attached and more goodies to come

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImRobboToo View Post

Well, in the next 3-4 weeks, i have this list going into the Patrol:
    [LIST]
    [*]50Lt Waeco Fridge/Freezer
    make sure you run a dedicated cable from 2nd battery to the fridge, the Waeco's have a bad habit of needing good clean power.....

couple of my mates have had all sorts of trouble with the cables.........
    Tidy Whitey - 99 GU TD42Ti - Diesel Gas, (GUIV Turbo & Intercooler 8Lb boost), 33" Micky T's Baja MTZ's, Dual Batt's, Cargo Barrier, rear draws, HID Super Oscars, winch, Grinch & witch attached and more goodies to come

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigcol For This Useful Post:

ImRobboToo (6th October 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bye4 View Post
    Looks like a good list. The only thing I would change is the Ironman lift. Only because when I did mine a cpl of months ago I got 50/50 those who said they were ok and those who hated them. Went for West Coast Suspensions, lots of mining trucks there and I could see them before fitting etc. Three year guarantee.
    Auto sparky in Albany or Mt Barker maybe??
    I was going to go WCS or Tough Dog, but on the weekend, was talking to my Brother inlay, and he swears by ironman. He has has Ironman in his Navara, and patrol Tray back, and travels to the red centre and northern WA up too 4 times a year, for the Finke and the likes, where he races, and he loves ironman. For the price, I'm going to give them a go, and if it all turns to a hard as concrete ride (I've done many a mile in stiff suspension in Military vehicles so I'm betting this will be ok for me) I'll buy WCS Springs and fit them. Problem again resides in living in the country, because WCS wanted to charge me, 340 for shipping the package to me lol I'm getting screwed !!!

I have bought a Tough Dog Return to Centre Steering Dampener, so I have something that isn't Ironman

They seem to be getting better in their stuff though. The young fella that I saw in for the Suspension, is good mates with my Step Son, and he told me there is a place in Bunbury, that in the last 10 months alone, have swapped out 3 suspension kits for Ironman, and 12 ARB Bars for ironman bars . . So between him and my Bro Inlaw, I thought, why not
    Arguing with a Zealot, is only slightly easier than tunnelling through a mountain with your forehead !!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yea mate go for it. I have plenty of Ironman gear - just the suspension got so argumentitive when I asked that I decided to go with WCS.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got new rubber yesterday being Coopers S/T Maxx 285 75 R16

Washed and detailed. Look shmick being white

Tapping it out . . .
    Arguing with a Zealot, is only slightly easier than tunnelling through a mountain with your forehead !!!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ImRobboToo For This Useful Post:

Hodge (17th October 2015), rusty_nail (23rd October 2015), threedogs (17th October 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    And I thought my tint was dark lol
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    And I thought my tint was dark lol
    She is like a fridge inside after a few minutes of Air Conditioning. Gotta have dark tint

Tapping it out . . .

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I'm just about done.

COMPLETED:
    • 2" Ironman Lift
    • Tough Dog RTC Steering Dampner
    • 285 75 r16 Cooper S/T Maxx
    • Dual Redarc Battery System
    • Boost and EGR Gauge
    • 3" Exhaust
    • Dawes and Needle valve
    • Uniden UHF
    • HID Strikeforce Upgrade
    • Headlight and High Beam HID Upgrade
    • Poer Sockets for kits in Rear seats
    • Narva Power Hub in rear for Fridge and other Auxillary items w/ USB plugs (20Amp in line fuse)
    • Rear Drawers with side wings

STILL TO COME:
    There is still the roof rack to come (its in the post) and I will have it by Tues next week.
    On this I have a White plumbers pipe with Baffles and comes in @25lts and a Tap off that. Reversing Spotty on the rear of the rack. Spare Spare Wheel, and I will Weld Jerry Can Holder onto it as well.

I also have on order and will be fitted on the 10Nov is a Kenwood DDX7015BT 7" in-dash Stereo/Touch Screen Unit. It has iPhone/Sama=sung Phone Mirroring. This will then give me Mirroring from my iPhone for Mud Maps and turn by turn navigation. Will be able to play Movies from the Phone or iPad for the kids. (am looking at hard wiring a 10" Screen for the rear so they don't have to strain on trips.I thought about a dedicated GPS, but with this Unit, I can kill 2 birds with one stone.

So I'm nearly where I want it. If I come in with the Trifecta on the Melbourne Cup, will put Air Lockers front and rear, and will put it in for a Injectors and Fuel pump over haul. The car I have always wanted is near completion.
    My son jumped into it the other day, and he had a flashback from when he was a lot younger. The word out of his mouth were, "Dad, this reminds me of the trips I did with you in the truck. It smell like your truck, and its as high as it too" haha I had to laugh.

One thing I have noticed since I put the exhaust in yesterday, is the + power I'm getting on the right foot. I will say I need to fine tune the Dawes and Needle, but right of the bat, putting my foot down, I noticed quite a bit more take off . . . It really is surprising the power from just dropping in a bigger exhaust. Quite remarkable.......

Will drop some more pics in when I'm done

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ImRobboToo For This Useful Post:

4bye4 (23rd October 2015), rusty_nail (23rd October 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Carefull with the HID headlights up grade I have 75 watt Hid and
    noticed that the reflector is shoot on the top, over the telescopic globe
    May be too hot for plastic reflectors
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast