Quote Originally Posted by ashmccormick View Post
Been meaning to update this thread with a few figures seen after overhaul of cooling system. Just come back from several weeks camping around North Kimberley so been a little late to do this.

The temperatures up here are ridiculous atm, 40 degrees and humid etc. Car was fully loaded, few items on roof rack including spare wheel etc. Hard conditions for any cooling system.
In my rig I have an in hose temp gauge fitted post thermostat, and an engine watchdog (sensor bolted to side of engine block). So I will give readings for these plus Nissan factory gauge position.

At low speeds, town driving and 4WD high range dirt:
Hose: 70 ish degrees
Nissan: 1/4 - 1/3
Watchdog: 80-90 degrees

On highway, 90-100k's an hour, middle of the day with air-con on
Hose: 80-86 degrees
Nissan: 1/2 - just below 3/4
Watchdog: 95-100 degrees

In cooler conditions early morning etc the car runs cooler.

I'm keen to hear how other peoples figures line up next to this, I feel like its running a little hot? But it could just be in my head and the fact that ambient temperatures are through the roof. If I start to push my speeds more than 90-100k's in the heat the gauges creep up instantly so I just tinker along at lower speeds. Then every now and again other GQ's also loaded up to the max go screaming past me with apparently no dramas whatsoever so am I just going mad with too many things to watch over haha?
Today cruising back from Mildura fairly warm ambient temp driving at 110-120km/h my temps got to 105 with probe in top thermostat housing. If i dropped speed to 100km/h temp would be around 100 degrees or just under. Normally around town sits around the 80 mark +- 10 degrees.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk