Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: led headlights

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I really really dislike my HID headlights, can't see nowt with them due to having to angle them down due to dazzling oncoming cars........ have bought some new semi sealed H4s......... If I had the coin I'd probably look at something like Micks projector HIDs

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

lucus30 (17th September 2015)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,577 Times in 911 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    I really really dislike my HID headlights, can't see nowt with them due to having to angle them down due to dazzling oncoming cars........ have bought some new semi sealed H4s......... If I had the coin I'd probably look at something like Micks projector HIDs
    I'd love to get a set of Mick's too
    Lucus30's 1999 GU ST TB45E

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta dislike HID's fitted to old cars. What are the drivers thinking? "Haha!! I'll dazzle everyone, and they'll think I have more power!!!" Pffftt! Theirs a 60 series around my area, blinds me every morning. Horrible headlights.
    NT blood in QLD mud.
    I dont know nuthin' about no stolen generator.....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    put Ipf fatboy h4s you will like that
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Guys, all this speak of LED headlamps, thought i might throw this into the mix.

http://truck-lite.com.au/product/tru...ht-ece-27291c/

There is a non ADR version(which does not have parker lights) which is a little bit cheaper.

I can supply this if you need a price

Rob,

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've still got LED cooled inserts in the Mav. absolute woftam. good on low beam, useless on high beam. imaging was woeful. vanilla inserts are a compromise. wrong focal length, diffusion is incorrect and although leds won't scatter like unprojected HIDs, it's still a lottery.

I tested 7" sealed beams last year and although an effective light, the model I had required a half bucket parabolic for mounting. PITA to mount in GQ's and requires mods to the 2nd skin - esp on the LHS. not worth the effort. I went to the effort of purchasing half mount frames to retro fit but even then it was not worth the effort - esp as they will never pass a roadworthy under current ADR's.

on another note and without wanting to seem like a princess - LEDs or HIDs in a GQ will earn you a canary. it doesn't matter whether the lights are ADR compliant individually, you will fail an inspection as they won't pass inspection as soon as they're mounted on the vehicle. HIDs will definitely fail inspection on a GQ if the inspector is doing their job. (the mav is basically a mobile spare parts truck for the shorty now, so hardly gets driven)

the truklites and JWS's that are appearing on new trucks are certified for use on those trucks - they won't pass a retro fit inspection on older trucks.

you can install them and they'll work but if you ever get pulled up by some finicky plod or vehicle inspector you will get done.

again, it doesn't matter whether the individual lights are certified and RHD passed in the UK or Japan - they will not pass an in-vehicle inspection if the engineering authority is doing their job. The ADR's are about in vehicle approval - not about component compliance in a factory test environment.
    Last edited by gf0012-aust; 15th January 2016 at 05:27 PM.
    90 GQ DX Shorty
    89 Maverick LWB

http://tinyurl.com/gf0012-aust-Gallery

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gf0012-aust For This Useful Post:

Coger (22nd February 2017), grunta11 (13th March 2016)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all
    I have the LED globes in my patrol GQ patrol with the clear lens and I like them and find them to work well
    Yes there is not a lot of difference between low and high beam but the light bar fixes that but when out bush doing a night run that's when they come into there own.
    I got them from J Car electronic in a H4 size and are a simple plug and play nothing hard at all and find to work well.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopkins For This Useful Post:

Touses (25th April 2016)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the trucklite led head lights are awesome drive two older western stars with them ..... never got hasseled by the RMS inspectors or plod about them .....
    i run a light bar and ipf spotties the light bar gives good light close and to the sides then the ipf's get the longer distance love them.....

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hid are a nicer light imo

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Here is a full stairs J,,,,,,eep yuk
    I'll wait remember 35watt HID driving lights were $2500 a pair when they first
    come on the market, Time will tell if LED will cut the mustard lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast