Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: led headlights

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

led headlights

just seen some led head lights so im guessing they are sealed. so thought of all the dinosaur drivers on here who need sealed headlights. its from aussie 4wd patrol gq on fb. seems that this bloke joe baunach is selling them.
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes but my dinosaur can be fixed with a piece of string

thanks for the info i'll go check it out
    if its worth doin its worth over doin

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garett View Post
    yes but my dinosaur can be fixed with a piece of string

thanks for the info i'll go check it out
    just takin the piss I miss my gq very sad the day I sold it and still as sad now
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

Thanks
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i like my old cars my new car is my mav. its only 25 years old. nothing i say is said in seriousness, i love taking the piss
    but the head lights are pretty dull. but i'm coming from 35w hid's, so am looking for an alternative to mounting the 6 100w spots i have in the shed

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have HID headlights love them , think the jury is still out on LED headlights.
    Yes they give a nice white light but when they give distance then I'll look at them.
    A few mates have them and have removed them in favour of a normal globe set up
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    I have HID headlights love them , think the jury is still out on LED headlights.
    Yes they give a nice white light but when they give distance then I'll look at them.
    A few mates have them and have removed them in favour of a normal globe set up
    td what sort of distance are you looking for on led spots as I have the new ipf leds and I get 400metres don't need more than that.and I had hid spots before sure they were good but I think instant light compared to hids is a lot better

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put this up as the dinosaur drivers have a major with there headlights filling with mud

Thanks
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hid low beam not too bad but hid spots. not so sure as they take time to warm up... some quicker than others but still i'm leaning toward a led light bar. just a low beam issue cant tell if they are on or not
    i'm looking around, not in a rush cos the mav isn't yet rego'ed and will pass as soon as i finish the rear bar. which i'm fitting a 6 inch light bar to for a reverse light so if the gives good light i'm thinking led headlights might be ok, just need a spot or two for distance, what i want is a brighter low beam.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put the crystal headlights in my gq they are brighter specially with a set of ipf fatboys. but as for splashing them they are not sealed so that will work for you if your not river crossing

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Led headlights still have a bit more advancements required to get them into the same range as a well setup hid arrangement and I'm not talking about just sticking hid bulbs in your existing lights.
    Speaker led headlights are still probably the best option out there for a sealed 7" replacement headlight but this is reflected in their cost.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast