Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Malfunction light comes on after service

Hi guys,
    I have just changed oil and all the filters on my 2011 patrol 3.0 diesel. When I started up the car the malfunction light comes on. From what I've read, this indicates water in the fuel filter. The filter is brand new, but I drained it anyway to no avail. (This is the filter that doesn't have an inbuilt lift pump, but an external rubber/squeeze pump)
    Worth mentioning is that, when replacing, some diesel splashed up on the water sensor wiring connection underneath the filter, but was wiped dry. The battery is not that good and when starting up, it got to the point where I needed to jumpstart the car.
    I know this warning indicator might mean a few other things, but it's too much of a coincidence that it came on after I changed the fuel filter?
    The car seems to be running ok, but I'm hesitant to take it for a longer testdrive.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,495 Times in 6,598 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Disconnect the battery for 30 minutes. it may well clear the fualt.

Head over to the Introduction section and Post an intro mate, we like folks to say gday before asking questions. Cheers MR
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That fixed the problem. Thanks heaps.
    Peter