Thread: UHF Channel Cheat Sheet

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGOMONSTER View Post
    But it doesn't tell you that some 40 channel model channels don't work on the 80 channel models.
    Like channel 22.
    That isn't just to do solely with 80's either.
    There are quite a number of 40 sets that won't tx on 22 either

Transmission on Channel 22 on later model 40's and most 80's built by the better manuf's released into Oz is inhibited as a factory setting as it is an illegal freq for voice on the ACMA freq spectrum.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

MEGOMONSTER (11th September 2015)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's because of the older 40 channel sets running wide band and the new 80 channels sets running narrow band. . . . you can hear the older ones on new sets if you turn your volume right up if that helps?
    Cheers
    Wetty.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wetty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,868 Times in 3,667 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've asked this question a long time ago but may as well have another crack: I have an 80 channel, brought it brand new with a 3 dB aerial. All my mates have 40 channel and I'm lucky to catch half a word or anything at all more than fuzz. Even if I'm 5 metres away from the car that's transmitting. Could it be an 80 vs 40 problem?

tappin from tassie
    Hello from Under Down Under!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to taslucas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taslucas View Post
    I've asked this question a long time ago but may as well have another crack: I have an 80 channel, brought it brand new with a 3 dB aerial. All my mates have 40 channel and I'm lucky to catch half a word or anything at all more than fuzz. Even if I'm 5 metres away from the car that's transmitting. Could it be an 80 vs 40 problem?

tappin from tassie
    Maybe, maybe not

Thanks
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cheers, now I know where I'm at! Haha

tappin from tassie

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

tappin from tassie
    Probably not, unless, you bought an el cheapo set then Clunk may be right ;-).....
    A good quality 40 communicating with a good quality 80 neither station should have any issues at all
    In a group/convoy or whatever the 40 sets may be a discernably lower volume than 80's on an 80 receivers.
    That will vary from vehicle to vehicle as it depends on the individual receiver tunings

Can your mates hear you OK with no interference, good clarity, etc if you transmit?
    Is the received volume OK but the voice modulation up to poo IE is their signal loud but unreadable or do you have to crank the vol up to max?
    Can you clearly hear transmissions from some/most other stations OK IE truckies etc?
    Can you find someone with an 80 handheld or even try a call for a "radio check from any other station using an 80" out on the Hwy?

Bottom line, if it is "everybody" then the issue is probably your antenna cable run/connectors but if it is only 40's then the issue is probably in the deviation settings on the set itself
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,451 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I can't believe Clunk started a thread that has such a productive and valuable contribution.....

You've changed Adrian!! It's the Pub Thread isn't it?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Clunk (11th September 2015), taslucas (11th September 2015), Woof (11th September 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    I can't believe Clunk started a thread that has such a productive and valuable contribution.....

You've changed Adrian!! It's the Pub Thread isn't it?
    Don't worry mate, I won't be making a habit of it

Thanks
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    Probably not, unless, you bought an el cheapo set then Clunk may be right ;-).....
    A good quality 40 communicating with a good quality 80 neither station should have any issues at all
    In a group/convoy or whatever the 40 sets may be a discernably lower volume than 80's on an 80 receivers.
    That will vary from vehicle to vehicle as it depends on the individual receiver tunings

Can your mates hear you OK with no interference, good clarity, etc if you transmit?
    Is the received volume OK but the voice modulation up to poo IE is their signal loud but unreadable or do you have to crank the vol up to max?
    Can you clearly hear transmissions from some/most other stations OK IE truckies etc?
    Can you find someone with an 80 handheld or even try a call for a "radio check from any other station using an 80" out on the Hwy?

Bottom line, if it is "everybody" then the issue is probably your antenna cable run/connectors but if it is only 40's then the issue is probably in the deviation settings on the set itself
    Others can't hear me.
    The volume is fine but transmission is all fuzz.
    The unit is a good quality uniden but the aerial was a cheapy with its cable hard wired. I reckon I should just buy a decent aerial.

tappin from tassie

Thanks
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Others can't hear me.
    The volume is fine but transmission is all fuzz.
    The unit is a good quality uniden but the aerial was a cheapy with its cable hard wired. I reckon I should just buy a decent aerial.

tappin from tassie
    weren't you told that previously????

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast