3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Ideally wouldnt you have your winch bolted to a cradle that is seperate to the bull bar, like a capsule
    then fit the bullbar over that.
    @ Clunk it does look a tad light, maybe some 6mm plate over those
    4 bolts with grade 8 bolts and HT washers, to bolt the winch in place.?
    You will need a low mount about 9.5 ,The Runva is well priced IMO
    So if I was to reinforce the existing metal work with some 6mm plate over the bolts, what configuration would be appropriate, simply weld 6mm strap over the existing vertical reinforcing strap, or are you thinking horizontal or connecting to the sides or something? Have people had good reliability from Runva winches? (Repeated reliable usage that is, I know when I need to use the winch, I'll be sorry I went cheaper if it doesn't work)...
    93 GQ wagon, RB30, extractors, 2 inch tough dog lift, 5 spd, A/T KO2 32's, steel winch bar, rated recovery points, red arc dual battery set up, rhino roof racks, UHF etc etc. Slow and steady might not win the race but it gets me there eventually...

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would say that if that bar is indeed an ARB bar, then you shouldnt need any extra bracing........ I used to have an ARB deluxe bar, that had no extra bracing and winch was bolted directly to the from .................. the customer bar I have now has no extra plating (it's just thick)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

Patrol'n (14th September 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,665 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrol'n View Post
    So if I was to reinforce the existing metal work with some 6mm plate over the bolts, what configuration would be appropriate, simply weld 6mm strap over the existing vertical reinforcing strap, or are you thinking horizontal or connecting to the sides or something? Have people had good reliability from Runva winches? (Repeated reliable usage that is, I know when I need to use the winch, I'll be sorry I went cheaper if it doesn't work)...
    I say give it a go. Bolt it straight to the bar.. Just be mindful of it and if it's flexing while winching then reinforce it.
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRAWesty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by biggqwesty View Post
    I say give it a go. Bolt it straight to the bar.. Just be mindful of it and if it's flexing while winching then reinforce it.
    Even the ARB flex a bit.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to liftlid For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, I think I'll whack one on and see how I go, I might winch a couple of times in safe conditions and see how it goes before I rely on it on the tracks though. One more question then, my dual battery set up is wired so that my passenger side battery is my starter and the original location houses my auxiliary.

The highest CCA battery I can fit in the starter tray is 590CCA, which is more than enough for my RB30, and my auxiliary is an all rounder 760CCA and 105AH. When wiring up the winch, which battery should I wire to?

I was planning on wiring to my starter, but I read somehwere that 590CCA might be a little on the low side for a winch, so perhaps my auxiliary is the go? (But would there be any risk to my fridge)??? (It operates via a Redarc SBI12 in case that makes a difference).

Not planning on any competition work or anthing crazy, but if I need it I want it to work!

Thanks again.
    93 GQ wagon, RB30, extractors, 2 inch tough dog lift, 5 spd, A/T KO2 32's, steel winch bar, rated recovery points, red arc dual battery set up, rhino roof racks, UHF etc etc. Slow and steady might not win the race but it gets me there eventually...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always go the crank battery. Your altinator will be pushing 70 A unless you have fitted bigger. So the battery is more a capaciter to buffer any spikes and top up current if needed.

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRAWesty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by biggqwesty View Post
    Always go the crank battery. Your altinator will be pushing 70 A unless you have fitted bigger. So the battery is more a capaciter to buffer any spikes and top up current if needed.

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    Sounds good, reinforces what I was planning on doing. Thanks mate. By the way, is that light post sold or is it still up for grabs?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrol'n View Post
    Sounds good, reinforces what I was planning on doing. Thanks mate. By the way, is that light post sold or is it still up for grabs?
    Just Givin bloko a couple of days to reply as he was first in line. If I don't hear by this time tomorrow I'll let you know.
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent, cheers mate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast